Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
Kevlo, no offense but wouldn't it have been easier to just ask folks to name their favorite producer or producers because you know it's all gonna come down to personal
opinion and tastes. I really don't get "best ---------- ever" threads. I wasn't even gonna respond to this one until Tim's post brought it down to a level that makes sense to me. Nobody is going to agree with everyone else's choice and nothing can be proven
here. I could say Craig Street and I doubt anyone would know who I was talking about.
Incidentally, T Funk, Bob Thiele is a favorite of mine too though not just because of his work with Gil. The man had quite a resume....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._by_Bob_Thiele

Legends were made in his studios...

As for George I was talking to a friend recently who pointed out that because he's
still here and well past his prime it's easy to forget how much GC and his crew have
given the world...
I guess Thiele's work with Gil will always resonate the most with me.
That greasy mix that the P-Funk records have will always get under my skin. Never cared for that really clean sound that defines most of Q's productions. I still have mad respect for Q though.