Hi!

Although slightly off-topic, I put that Ike link over there four days ago secretly hoping that it might stir a lively conversation.

The relationship between Ike and Tina has occupied my mind a lot, from the media manipulation point of view - a demon vs. virtuous princess.

My argument is that Tina's book and the big-budget movie based on it have made us believe that the story portrayed in those pieces of work is absolutely true. How many of you have had even the slightest doubt that perhaps they don't reflect the real course of events?
However, it's only her side of the story. The other side has been pushed back. For instance, only a few people took interest in Ike's book titled "Taking my name back."

What if it didn't go that way? Or it was the other way around? Or it was just a carefully planned career move? Perhaps each one of us can now today stop for a minute and think about the impact of the book and the movie in terms of us locking it in our minds as the gospel truth. I know it happened to me, until I started reading opposite views. It's not only that Steve Leigh fellow in that link, but some other blues artists, who had worked with Ike in the 60s and 70s and have since come to defend him.

I'm not saying that Ike was a saint; far from it. Coke harmed him a lot. But most of the veterans in the business can tell you that he was immensely talented and one of the fore-runners in our music, especially in the 50s and 60s. Please have a look at the discography on the last page of that link. He taught Tina almost everything she knows in show business.

Don't get me wrong. I like Tina's music a lot and I have most of her recordings, both as a duo, and solo - including the latest ones. However, my absolute favourites are some of her mid-60s ballads. [["Tell Her I'm Not Home" etc.).

These thoughts are not meant to provoke. They're only food for thought, because, as I stated above, this matter has been bothering me for a long time.

Best regards
Heikki