[REMOVE ADS]

Timmy Thomas "Why Can't We Live Together"

I know this is a Miami record, but a new remix featuring a major part of Martin Luther King Jr,'s speech is up on the Daily Motion.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1v...wolf-mix_music

We've talked about Philly, Memphis and LA recordings for years now so it doesn't matter to me if it's Miami and not Detroit. That said, though I appreciate the sentiment behind this
    production I don't like the mix. Just sounds tacky, sloppy, to me. That disco cymbal like
    plodding kills Timmy's original syncopated groove. Just my opinion, others may like it....

I quite like this remix, though the TIMMY THOMAS element in it is very minimal. The "disco cymbal like plodding" gives it a very edgy sound that I think fits the video very well [[knowing what we now know about what was to happen to MLK ) ..

Roger

It's terrible! I hate it. The programmed drums, and what sounds like somebody imitating a syncopated hi-hat with his mouth, sound awful! It's distracting from any content or purpose the song may have had.