[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: R.i.p. Lou reed

R.i.p. Lou reed

Last edited by timmyfunk; 10-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Where did you get your information?? Are you sure this is true?? I've seen nothing on Facebook about this.

~~Mary~~

Rolling Stone reported it according to Huffington Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4167976.html

Thanks, Milven,

I just found this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lou-reed-velvet-underground-leader-and-
    rock-pioneer-dead-at-71-20131027

Sad news...

May He Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

We send our condolences to Laurie & Lou's family ~
    May he rest in peace.
    Sincerely,
    Jimmy & Jeanie
    Name:  Lou Reed.JPG
Views: 1891
Size:  32.4 KB

Oh this is more sad news. I enjoyed Lou Reed's work. Rest in peace Lou and thanks man1

"Hey babe.....take a walk on the wild side"

I liked Walk On The Wild Side and later Sally Can't Dance but I never got into Mr Reed
    and didn't care for The Velvet Underground but I can see he made an impression on many,
    some who I do like [[Bowie, Bono) so I have to give him his proper respect. RIP Lou Reed...

Gotta agree. Never cared for most of his stuff. Either with the VU or solo. But his influence on the rock underground [[like Zappa and the Dead) cannot be denied.

I have virtually no Lou Reed music, so I checked out The Velvet Underground's music, and I like it.

I've been doing a lot of music exploration at the library. I checked out the VU, Zappa, and the Dead. Thank God I didn't have to pay for it.

It's not just Lou. Check out the Steven Hunter/Dick Wagner guitar intros to "Sweet Jane" and "Rock And Roll" off Lou's 2 live LPs.

I went through a lot of his stuff at the library. While I respect him like I respect all musicians, his stuff just doesn't speak to me like that. I offer my condolences nonetheless.

I only know his popular songs but I have always found him to be an interesting person. RIP you will be singing with the colored girls in heaven now.

Carnegie Hall in Jimmy's dressingroom ~
    Name:  J&J w Antony Bette Lou & DAVID BOWEY.jpg
Views: 5047
Size:  17.7 KB

Me, Antony [[Antony & The Johnsons), Laurie Anderson [[Lou's wife), Bette Midler, Jimmy Scott, Lou Reed, & David Bowie.

S.S.

Jimmy Scott on the "Magic and Loss Tour" with Lou in London ~
    Name:  London - Magic & Loss Tour w Lou Reed - Copy.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  13.3 KB

S.S.