OK....I was at the game. I had a cousin injured in 9/11 and we drove out that day to be with his wife. They had just moved from Woodford to the big city and she was alone and petrified. MUCH of NYC was shut down. MANY people were, in fact, "in hiding." Enough people were not venturing out that delivery services of all kinds were beyond capacity for quite a while. "Nothing fazes New Yorkers" no longer applied as thosands suffered PTSD. Many were still in shock a week later. Anyone who suggests otherwise is either lying or totally misinformed. There was much trepidation as to when it would be safe to resume public events. With assurances from The White House that it was safe, The Mets game was scheduled with Michael Jackson as the #1 pick to sing God Bless America. That plan quickly fizzled and Ross, second choice, despite still being extremely affected by 911, agreed. I think everyone there was nervous to some degree. It was impossible to get to sound check - I tried everything. Security was layers thick which added to the unease. When Diana appeared, she was warmly received and admired for her bravery. If a diva of her legend was appearing in public as a possible target, they felt safer. A global icon with multigenerational appeal was needed, and it was the first home run of the night. While there are varying reports of how Liza became involved, I believe Diana helped with it as they had been friends for 30 years and, short of cash more than usual, Liza was paid if sh showed. She definitely energized the crowd more than Ross, but some of that was due to the fact that, by then, two hours had passed and the crowd was much more comfortable. Neither was in top form but Diana clearly was not at ease. Lastly, I'm very disappointed at anyone doing Diana vs_______ on this topic. As terrible as it was watching 9/11 on TV in Bloomington, BEING there 36 hours later was a slap in the face I'll never forget. My heart still goes out to everyone affected by 9/11, and my admiration for New Yorkers couldn't be higher.