[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    this is turning into one of the most heartwarming posts and I love it! ALL POSTS SHOULD BE THIS WARM AND SENSITIVE AND RESPECTFUL TO ALL ! Take a cue from the togetherness exhibited in the Gloria and Diana video!

More thread police warnings. Yikes.

Here is another view.

supremester Guest
    Oh bull crap. She did it because they thought it would be fun. The appropriate thing to do? Since when? Does Miss Ross expect invites everytime someone does Love Child, I'm Coming Out or Reach POut And Touch in her home towns? Of course not!
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It's Gloria's song so its the appropriate thing to do.

supremester Guest
    In Boston and Hartford she mentioned getting an email from Gloria. In Newark, she said, "I have a.....surprise......a lovely surprise and I don't know how to do it, should we do it now? " And then introdued her - Gloria came out, Miss Ross handed her mic to Gloria and asked for another. Each night the shows were smash hits. Friday was no ezxception so by the time Gloria came out, the place was already as loud as it could get - but the energy was crazy. Miss Ross has ALWAYS shared her mic with celebs in the audience. Everyone from Luther, to Marvin, Patti, Whitney and many others. They had a ball together - I didn't know until the other day that they were friends.
    Great! My goodness I think youre right she could be mellowing. Standing next to Mary at Motown Musical and having Gloria share the stage. I couldnt hear what she said about Gloria/intro-anyone?

supremester Guest
    It's utter horse shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thats real interesting. You have the best gossip on this here forum.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    I just watched it - I forgot something. Miss Ross, The Supreme Supreme of all Supremedom, gave Gloria the mic, who began to sing it in the wrong key. It was jarring and in a flash, The female Entertainer Of The Century snatched the mic from Gloria so she wouldn't make a fool or herself, let her find her note, and gave it right back. I saw 6 shows in 10 days, had a blast with a plethora of great friends and came back refreshed, re-energized and re-Rossed - exactly as I prefer to be!

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I just watched it - I forgot something. Miss Ross, The Supreme Supreme of all Supremedom, gave Gloria the mic, who began to sing it in the wrong key. It was jarring and in a flash, The female Entertainer Of The Century snatched the mic from Gloria so she wouldn't make a fool or herself, let her find her note, and gave it right back. I saw 6 shows in 10 days, had a blast with a plethora of great friends and came back refreshed, re-energized and re-Rossed - exactly as I prefer to be!
    There has never been any mic problems with anybody buy Mary, the one time; and then they never invited Mary back for the Apollo; and recently they never gave her a mic at all in NY. This calls for another "LOL".

To be honest I never have been all that crazy about this song... and... I was around in the discos almost nightly when it was released in the 70s. Never really liked Gloria's version or sadly, the Miss Ross version BUT THIS is farkin' FANTASTIC. !!!! The unbridled energy and enthusiam coming from that stage has enough electricity light up an entire city!!! Brava Divas et al !!!!!
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 08-20-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHangOva View Post
    ... THIS is farkin' FANTASTIC. !!!! The unbridled energy and enthusiam coming from that stage has enough electricity light up an entire city!!! Brava Divas et al !!!!!
    And watching and being in the audience was a show in itself. The audience went wild with enthusiam and energy.

According to the review below, Gladys Knight used I WILL SURVIVE as her encore in her concert last night. I wonder if Gloria will send her an e-mail too

"When Knight finished her “opening” set, the crowd roared for an encore. Too often the encore is scripted, and even if this one was, the crowd was not going to let her leave without playing one more song.

When she returned, Knight sang a unique version of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” that made me reconsider the old expression “disco sucks,” especially since I got caught up in the moment and started dancing with everyone else in the place."

http://niagara-gazette.com/nightandd...-Artpark-crowd

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    And watching and being in the audience was a show in itself. The audience went wild with enthusiam and energy.

According to the review below, Gladys Knight used I WILL SURVIVE as her encore in her concert last night. I wonder if Gloria will send her an e-mail too

"When Knight finished her “opening” set, the crowd roared for an encore. Too often the encore is scripted, and even if this one was, the crowd was not going to let her leave without playing one more song.

When she returned, Knight sang a unique version of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive” that made me reconsider the old expression “disco sucks,” especially since I got caught up in the moment and started dancing with everyone else in the place."

http://niagara-gazette.com/nightandd...-Artpark-crowd
    Gladys has been singing I WILL SURVIVE off and on since 1980. Usually she performed it as a ballad. But it sounds like she has changed to an uptempo version.

It's fascinating this is getting so much attention. Is it because it's such an unusually move for Diana? Has she shared her stage with others? Do her backup singers ususally get spotlighted like this? or just cause Gloria was there? Wonder why she just didnt have her and Gloria.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHangOva View Post
    To be honest I never have been all that crazy about this song... and... I was around in the discos almost nightly when it was released in the 70s. Never really liked Gloria's version or sadly, the Miss Ross version BUT THIS is farkin' FANTASTIC. !!!! The unbridled energy and enthusiam coming from that stage has enough electricity light up an entire city!!! Brava Divas et al !!!!!
    I have never been a fan of this song either. However I do prefer Diana's over Gloria's. I remember when I first heard Diana sing it live was in 1995 at the Universal Amphetheatre. It was great.. The audience went wild. It was fresh. She was promoting the "Take me Higher" album. However I sure wish she would drop it from her setlist. I cringe everytime she sings it now. She has so much of her own materal that she could replace it with.

supremester Guest
    Ross' bg singers always do a harmony bit in Touch Me In The Morning, a group bit during Ease On Down, occasionally an entire song [[not a fave, Smile) and individual solos during I Will Survive. They are always featured and have been for a quarter of a century at least.
    It's fascinating this is getting so much attention. Is it because it's such an unusually move for Diana? Has she shared her stage with others? Do her backup singers ususally get spotlighted like this? or just cause Gloria was there? Wonder why she just didnt have her and Gloria.

supremester Guest
    The problem wasn't with the mic hehehehehehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    There has never been any mic problems with anybody buy Mary, the one time; and then they never invited Mary back for the Apollo; and recently they never gave her a mic at all in NY. This calls for another "LOL".