Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
Everybody need to stop using the N word imo and I mean everybody.

Roberta
Correct!

But, here's the problem: most of the media, and white people who defend her, want you to think it's all about that one word. If that were all it was, there'd be no issue.

What is disturbing is how many people are supporting her, even enough to make her book #1, where if this hadn't happened, it wouldn't have had a chance. It tells me that there are a LOT of like-minded people out there who probably [[and some, ignorantly) agree with her views on race. And I know there are some people out there who wish we could go back to enslaving Black people.

The "n"-word is beside the point. The real issue is Paula Deen's attitude before and after this news hit. A person doesn't have to be a racist to have racist views. But, does a racist have racist views? Of course!

"Accidental racist" describes her to a tee! The problem with these accidental racists is that they don't want to change, and Ms. Deen has stated that she isn't going to. That is why she lost more business. And, the people boycotting Walmart, Target, Home Depo, Sears, The Food network, and the others, isn't helping her case.

Let me ask you something, funky: do you excuse Jesse Jackson for his "hymie-town" remark like you think we should excuse Paula Deen for her remark? Or, are you one of those people who will forever throw that up whenever he is mentioned in a favorable light?