Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
Great summary revvy!! Even a few thing I didnt know. I heard Scherrie and Lynda were paid 250,000 each but have no idea if that's accurate. I thought Cindy was offered less than a million all along. Im still not sure if Ross never iintended to have Mary and Cindy. I think she may have but had Scherrie and Lynda ready in case. Ross did begin to say it was not reunion when Mary and Cindy out of the picture. Cindy told USA today that she subsequently called Diana when the tour started to falter and hoped they could work it out. Apparently Diana never called her back. Difficult stuff but fascinating. Even Ross ultra fan JRT says all Ross had to do was have lunch with Mary and make nice and the tour would have happened. On the other hand it's hard to imagine Cindy and Mary being willing to stand a thousand feet from DIana and sing oooh oooh!!
It is impossible to believe that they were ever seriously considering Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong for that tour for the fact that negotiations were going on up until just weeks before the start of the tour. How would you explain that everything went ahead on schedule with Scherrie and Lynda including the press conference held that April at Grand Central Station. How were they able to get all those publicity photos, videos and costumes ready in such a short period? hmmmmmm........