[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My copy just arrived today, so I'm joining the party a little late- well not entirely, as I enjoyed immensely Andy & George's preview show with Midnight Johnny.
    A giant thank you to all involved for a superb job [[other than the few typos- as already pointed out).

One thing that no-one has mentioned, but then again perhaps it's only me. There is a performance shot on page 9 of the booklet. I looked at the photo and thought 'What a great photo of Mary and Flo singing quite expressively. Only after I had read the entire booklet and gone back to look at the photos again did I notice that Diana was also in the photo. My eyes had obviously been drawn to Mary & Flo. Did anyone else have the same experience?

I assume that the Timeline ends with March 1966 simply because you ran out of pages. After all this is a September 1966 performance. I would have liked to have seen highlights from April-September for continuity. [[Good promotion- many highlights were tied into sales pitches- let's hope it helps to keep the releases coming; a dvd of even more Supremes performances would most certainly be welcomed).

I wonder if a white background on the last page of the booklet [[to co-ordinate with the white of the girls' dresses in the picture-sleeve front cover) might have better shown the details of the last picture-sleeve photo.

Hearing Mary's solo on People made me wonder how she could ever have been led to believe that she could not effectively sing lead.

I was surprised that Diana Ross would almost forget to introduce the group. I did note that when she came to the introduction of herself , and she uses the staged phrase 'I'm the intelligent one', her voice changes considerably. I was immediately reminded of Flo and the 3 selections from the '67 Copa show included in the 2000 Supremes' box set. I wonder if Flo , who also changes her voice at that show, was both mimicking and challenging Diana by beating her to the draw.
    Last edited by carole cucumber; 10-13-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: grammatical error