Almost all Motown acts have enjoyed releases that included some previously 'vaulted' tracks. Either as one of the many 'LOST & FOUND' compilations or as ANTHOLOGY releases.
One of the best of the ANTHOLOGY compilations being the ISLEY BROTHERS release which included 52 tracks in all [[though only 40+ were different songs). Yet back in the 70's, we Brits were told we'd had access to all the Isley's Motown tracks via a couple of comp LP's.
Many acts who had little commercial pop success on Motown have even enjoyed such releases [[Chuck Jackson, Blinky, etc).
. . . . BUT Edwin Starr seems to have been left out.
Just about the most complete compilation of Edwin's tracks seems to be the EARLY CLASSICS CD comp -- this featured 18 tracks [[though some were his pre-Motown Detroit recordings).
Am I wrong in my belief that his EARLY CLASSICS release is the most complete set of his stuff from the 60's / early 70's. If not, which is ?
. . . My next question has to be ... are there any vaulted Motown tracks by Edwin that still have to see the light of day ?
Name:  EdwinStarrEarlyCD.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  91.5 KB