Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
I must say that Scherrie's performance was not only Spectacular, but I was surprised Diana and her promoters/managers allowed it. Scherrie commanded the stage as well as the audience with her powerful voice on a wonderful song, Stoned Love.
Yeah, Diana was back-stage getting into a new gown but how could you follow "that"??
Then we found out how fond Diana was of Scherrie and Lynda and their keeping the music of the supremes and solo-Ross alive with no smack-talk.
I bet Diana treated them to great food, too!!!!!!
[[as well as those nice coats we saw on the TODAY Show!)
I loved the whole concept of Diana's show with Scherrie and Lynda and wished it had continued for a long time.
I may even have had a tear in my eye when they sang that interlude from the Copa show about "and we will have it for you at the next time".......my memory isn't perfect on that line....."and here's another song that you've made popular, and we'd like to do it now......"
I would have died if Diana and the girls had sung "Cross-roads of Love" or "Breath-taking Guy"!!!!!!!
My underwear would have been up there on ANY of those girl's shoulder pads!!!
Spectacular? Scherrie Payne singing Stoned Love BRINGS the Pain! Interminable intro "STOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW I said STOOWOWOWOWOWO Let me tell you bout STOWOWOWOWOW" If she's just sing the damn song it would help.