[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Marv 2,

While I think you are obviously a dedicated Motown fan I also believe that you have let your enthusiasm run away with itself here, technically you cannot collect other peoples property and many of these pictures are obviously copyrighted by the owners. In fact the 'today' shot of the Velvelettes belongs to me, was taken by me and is my copyright. Just downloading them is technically an offence and republishing them without the owners consent is an action that you can be taekn to task by law for. I would consider versy seriously before publishing other peoples property again. You could get into an awful lot of trouble over it. I am interestested to know how you got hold of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    ...wasn't your Velvelettes pic featured on the cover of one of the Chatbusters magazines ...Paul ...and I'm sure I've seen it on other sites previously ...on one occasion put up by yourself?

Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Exactly it was put up by myself and given to Chatbusters by ME...there are two things common to that and they are both ME
    ...Paul ...I'm a little confused ...?

...many Motown fans looking for images of their favourite artists online ...will surf the net ...take The Velvelettes as a good example ...let's try looking in Google Images ...

http://tinyurl.com/3352web

...they find an image they like ...right-click to save to their PC ...keep it for their own use ...or post here for all to see ...as below ...a perfectly innocent action I would have thought ...and not liable for the threatening stance you take above ...or maybe not...?

I often wonder ...if artists and photographers do not want their work sampled from the net ...then I would have thought ...they shouldn't put them up for all to see ...and download ...in the first place ...but then again ...as usual with these matters ...I am most probably 100% wrong...?

...as Brian Wilson sung ...I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

Grape
    Attached Images Attached Images