Name:  debbiesd.jpg
Views: 26703
Size:  11.2 KBName:  kathysd.jpg
Views: 9697
Size:  8.5 KB

In the ongoing feud between Sister Sledge and Kathy Sledge, eldest member Debbie, who has mostly been quiet during it all posted a very public letter to youngest member Kathy on social media:

I am doing the unthinkable. I am writing a personal letter to my sister publicly! Tried everything else! I will not give up. I don't care who reads this, as long as she does. I'm looking for one person's response ...hers!
Dear Kathy, I hope you are well. We all miss you! Continued success on your solo career and we really mean that! How is that going? We are all well and cheering for you! Especially when you are honest. When you are not honest ,and lie, it is hurtful to us, and to others, including family members. When you allow unscrupulous agents to book your solo concerts as Sister Sledge concerts without our knowledge or consent ,it is dishonest, hurtful to yourself, your family and others. Why would you allow that? Especially in view of the fact that it is illegal and against the signed court ordered settlement you willingly agreed to. Please don't do that! You are talented and gifted and do not need to resort to lies. Is there something I can help you with? I would love to! What is your agenda? Perhaps that is why we have not heard from you all of these years! Perhaps your agenda does not include being open and honest with your sisters? It certainly does not seem to exhibit the unity we stand for. It does not communicate. Remember, I sent you an invitation to my wedding anniversary ,vow renewal ...no response or acknowledgement from you or other family members who were effected by your lies! That was very hurtful. When a life event is not even acknowledged by an invitee, it is hurtful but more so when the invitee is a loved family member! You even posted a video of my vow renewal on your social media, which let me know you were aware of it but never spoke to me or acknowledged my invitation to you!
The last letter we received from you was in Sept 2015, after 25 years of basically no response to our communication and personal letters!
We all thought, At last!..signs of communication opening up! That was six months ago. You did not acknowledge my response to you then! But you did go to the press with lies! When will you break your silence towards us? Why not end it ?
I am claiming and declaring a prophetic declaration for this year 2016! "Breakthrough",.. "Walls Come Down! "! Healing , Restoration and Renewal Now"!!! I forgive you! We forgive you! Hope to hear from you personally soon... apart from lawyers... just as a sister.
Love,
Debbie
P.S." Ain't you tired?"