About 3 weeks ago, Dora and I were listening to Sirius/XM's "60's on 6", when up pops ex WKNR/CKLW jock Pat St. John on his first show.....1 - 5 pm est.....on the station. I pop him an e-mail saying it's good to hear a familiar voice out here in the Pacific NorthLeft, and that I now won't have to listen to my WKNR Dream Cruise CD's as often. I also asked him if he could play something Detroit-centric like "Scott's On Swingers", Tim Tam, The Reflections or the like.

He e-mailed me back a few days later saying he'd found his copy of "S.O.S", and would play it at an appointed time and date.

He did.......and then some. He came out of a Beatles song and began reading my e-mail on the air, shouting me out by both name and location. And then went a second step. Pat had called Scott Regan [[en? I can never remember which) in Florida, who in turn recorded a dedication to me [[again by name and location), and thanking me for being a long time member of The Burger Club. THEN he played the song.

OK, I'm absolutely floored. Hog heaven. And wondering......how many Sirius/XM listeners ended up looking at a map to figure out where Rock Island, Washington is?