Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
There have been plenty of big budget movies that are awful--great production values does not equal a quality final product. Likewise, there are plenty of quality low budget movies.

The big key is whether the producers will get the right to have the music of the Supremes included in the movie.

Judging by the artists who are going to be on the soundtrack--Fantasia, Kelly Price, Lauryn Hill--I suspect the movie is going to be focussed on Florence Ballard battling adversity in her post Supremes years. I bet the movie will end with a "happy ending" of Flo performing "I Am Woman" in 1975 at that benefit in Detroit. Then as she takes her bows and before the end credits roll we'll read a caption that she died the following year.

What you described, I've seen done before [[Lady Sings the Blues, Brian's Song, etc,etc.) Not the same impact. They will follow the lead set by the Temptations movie where they depicted Paul Williams and Melvin Franklin's funerals. They also depicted David Ruffins death somewhat in that film. It had more of an impact on the viewer.