[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is Madame Betty Lavette A Motowner, Or Not?

Ian Levine thinks so, so that is good enough for me. I just finished reading her book "The Woman In Me", and don't know if I should put the book in my Motown Book Section or not. What are the thoughts out there. She did have an album on Motown in the early 80's, and was/is a Motor City home owner, having spent much of her life there, including time during the "Golden Age".

The book was OK, I always like reading about how music people navigated through a very tough business. However there were some things that I learned that I did not need to know. What I was inspired by is that she showed that"Ain't No Mountain High Enough".
    Last edited by Motown4Ever518; 09-15-2013 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Thread Starter Grammar