[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I read the story and don't think Paula Dean is a racist. She admitted using the N word a long, long time ago. She's a product of the south. A lot of white southerners used the word in the days before they knew better. It was not a politically correct time. She was contrite and admitted she was not perfect. Remember this all stems from a lawsuit by a former employee who is a black female. It was the employee's lawyer asking the questions. About a plantation styled wedding. We celebrate plantations here in the south. People tour them. I don't think she meant having darkies serving white folks. I've used the N word. I try not to, but I slip and say it, so I understand that some find it offensive. In her defense, I will say Paula Dean and her sons were responsible for the Neeleys , a black couple getting a cooking show on Food Network. Some people are out to ge Ppaula Dan. They are jealous and would like to see her replaced by Trisha Yearwood.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.