[REMOVE ADS]

Sly Stone article

Last edited by jsmith; 08-30-2013 at 04:26 AM.

RossHolloway Guest
    Interesting article, as much as I'd like to believe that Sly has pulled it back together and is ready to sing and perform again, his history over the past 40 years tells me not to expect anything much from Sly.

It's always cool to hear from Mr. Stewart himself.

Enjoyed the article and I highly recommend the biography of the the group that was published
    a couple of years ago but sooner or later Sly among others would do best to realize their time
    in the spotlight is done. An albino band wouldn't bring enlightenment to the world, Sly's
    kidding himself. Single albino artists like Salif Keita have a hard enough time as it is trying
    to get across to some folks. Hey, Sly if you want to get back in the game, find somebody
    currently killin' it and guest on their next release playing organ or guit fiddle! ...

Sly speaks just as Sony issues HIGHER, a multi disc collection of mono single mixes of Stone Family favorites like Everyday People, Life and plenty of previously vaulted material.

Sly is actually supposed to be appearing at a sci-fi convention that I attend every six months.

www.chillertheatre.com

I checked out the Higher box set. It has a lot of original single mixes; But not version of Hot Fun In the Summertime with the extended faded ending. I've only heard this version played on a syndicated oldies radio show. Is it on Greatest Hits or Anthology?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 09-13-2013 at 05:17 PM.

I found it. It runs 2:40 where the single is 2:38.