[REMOVE ADS]

Wiki says she released her last album in 2004, but I thought for certain that she'd released Spanish language albums since then.

Oh well, we have a wealth of her music to enjoy.

Such sad news. I could listen all day to her version of "Still Within the Sound of My Voice."

What a shame. Linda made some really nice records and covered such a wide range of styles with success and integrity.

What a shock!! My favorite is the album she did with Nelson Riddle [[What's New).

Great singer. I enjoyed a lot of her work from the past|

Sad to hear this news. A great voice silenced, but we do have decades of her music to enjoy. I wish her well in coping with this disease.

~~Mary~~

my favorite by her, Long Long Time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlBgLmPI-A

another memorable recording I liked by Linda:

******The Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville Duet of "Don't Know Much" is PRICELESS!****

Soulful Detroit Family...

Pray for her Health and Strength.
    She has been a Musical Blessing to so many around the World.
    Prayer is Powerful!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

I gotta admit I don't like everything she did like all of those covers. But I REMEMBER HER AND THE LATE PHOEBE SNOW TEARING INTO THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG on SNL. They killed it. Another favorite was Get Closer. Poor, Poor Pitiful Me was also good. I wish her peace and the strength to cope with her condition.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-24-2013 at 10:37 PM.

and who could forget........

This was always my favorite:

I think one her greatest vocals and recordings was the track Someone To Lay Down Beside Me off of the hasten Down The Wind album. She is one of the few artists that explored and recorded all kinds of music. I wish her well in her fight and am glad she has such an enormous and varied catalogue for all to enjoy.

Some friends and I were lamenting this morning about the sad concurrence of Ronstadt's illness and forced retirement on the same weekend that Miley Cyrus makes such a spectacle of herself on national TV. Best wishes for Ms. Ronstadt; one of my favorites by her is this Jimmy Webb song from the Get Closer LP.

A great voice is silenced. Fortunately Linda herself is still with us. I wish her the very best in dealing with this disease. I was fortunate to see her in concert and I have a very large Linda Ronstadt section in my collection. Her music has brought me great joy. Thank You, Miss Ronstadt. I wish you the very best.