[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Creep

Creep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlZydtG3xqI Maybe not the best vocalist.....but, these girls were SO photogenic and the song is pretty great, too. Always liked this one by TLC.

No, they never scared Aretha, Patti, Tina, Etta or even Chaka but TLC was the business back
    in the day. Style for days, beautiful and I still miss Left Eye. Diggin on You and Waterfalls
    were my jams...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    No, they never scared Aretha, Patti, Tina, Etta or even Chaka but TLC was the business back
    in the day. Style for days, beautiful and I still miss Left Eye. Diggin on You and Waterfalls
    were my jams...
    Quite .. and sometimes it is nice to hear some "non-Gospel/Churchy" vocals for a change.

Roger

Creep is one of my favorites by TLC,. I also liked Red Light Special and No Scrubs, which I thought was near brilliant. I think Waterfalls and Unpretty were over exposed and a little preachy. TLC was about partying, having swag and being sexy. I had a mad crush on T-Boz. Roger, there's nothing wrong with a good dose of the holy ghost, which often inspires churchy vocalizing and speaking in tongues.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-22-2013 at 09:58 PM.

smark21 Guest
    Afghan Wigs did a pretty good cover of the song in the late 90s.

"CREEP" is one of those stars in the right place tracks. Left-eye was a genius in blooming , an emerging force that would change the genre had she lived. The track is just what it is named. It's low down ,in the dark corner ,smokey room ,sliding along the floor,low down FUNK. Further validated by the fact that these talented women's vocals reflect the fact that ,women do that shi... sometimes. Creep....

And just for the memories............http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7m_Pgt1S8