[REMOVE ADS]

1970 Diana Ross impression

Hilarious... although Marilyn's worst impression. Her Streisand is impeccable.

Last edited by jillfoster; 08-17-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Sorry, my mistake, this was 1972.

That was a wonderful clip. I forgot all about Marilyn. I always thought that she did the best Barbra impression, both the look and the voice. The funniest in the clip you posted above is her impression of Connie Francis.

A shame they don't have these great variety shows anymore. But even if they did, most of the great performers are gone.

I wonder if Marilyn still performs. She is about 70 now and probably retired.

More of the great Marilyn Michaels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--IY0HuwRI

Thanks to Quiteashtrudel for theYouTube posting.

What ever happened to the great age of impressionists?

She was good. Her Eartha Kitt, Streisand, Eydie Gorme , Connie Francis and Patti Page were dead on. You don't see impressionists anymore. THERE ARE NO MORE REAL LEGENDS LEFT. The truly distinctive singers are dead and audiences today would not appreciate a good impressionist. Aside from Gaga, Madonna, maybe Katy Perry. What singer could a talented impressionist do these days? Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson are basically non descript singers.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-19-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson are basically non discript singers. You hit the nail on the head with that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    She was good. Her Eartha Kitt, Streisand, Eydie Gorme , Connie Francis and Patti Page were dead on. You don't see impressionists anymore. THERE ARE NO MORE REAL LEGENDS LEFT. The truly distinctive singers are dead and audiences today would not appreciate a good impressionist. Aside from Gaga, Madonna, maybe Katy Perry. What singer could a talented impressionist do these days? Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson are basically non descript singers.
    Yep... total agreement here. I guess Adele might be the only one around at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    The truly distinctive singers are dead and audiences today would not appreciate a good impressionist
    That's a very good point. Plus, how hard would it be to impersonate an Autotuner?

smark21 Guest
    Well here’s a Broadway/Cabaret performer keeping the tradition alive. This video went viral just last week:

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well here’s a Broadway/Cabaret performer keeping the tradition alive. This video went viral just last week:
    Her Julie Andrews is AMAZING.

Is Marilyn Michaels wearing "brown face" as Diana Ross? Or is it just the poor video quality? If so, I'm surprised to see that still on American TV in 1970. On that note, I wish Bianco could have imitated a diva of color in her terrific routine, too...

One of my faves; there are several on YouTube listed under "Sh*t Liza Minnelli Says".

His Diana Ross is the weakest of his impersonations.

That Ross impression is dreadful!