[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: RIP Eydie Gorme

RIP Eydie Gorme

The singer and classic TV performer has died at the age of 84. Eydie Gorme passed away on today in Las Vegas after a short undisclosed illness. A well known nightclub performer in New York, Gorme joined Steve Allen’s local TV show in 1953. She soon was partnered with another singer on the show Steve Lawrence and the duo moved upward with Allen in 1954 when his show became NBC’s Tonight Show in 1954. The couple married on December 29, 1957. The next year, The Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme Show debuted on NBC and lasted one season. Still, both solo and with Lawrence, the Grammy winner would show up on the small screen often over the next three decades. Gorme appeared on the Gary Moore Show, What’s My Line?, Password All-Stars, The Ed Sullivan Show, The Bob Hope Show, the Carol Burnett Show among other. As well as a big music hit in 1963 with Blame It On The Bossa Nova, she co-hosted The Kraft Music Hall for NBC in the late Sixties and hosted The Hollywood Palace on ABC in 1970. Gorme won a Primetime Emmy in 1979 for Steve & Eydie Celebrate Irving Berlin. In 1997 and 1998, Gorme joined Rosie O’Donnell on her syndicated talk show. Gorme is survived by Lawrence and their son David.

What an amazing voice she had:

While reading this article, I realized that one of the first Broadway Shows that I saw starred Steve and Edie. We recently lost Jo Stafford, Patti Page and now Edie. She is the last of her generation of singers.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article...at-84-20130810

So sorry to hear the news...

Eydie possessed one of the greatest female voices ever!! I always loved her singing voice, duets with her husband, her personality and humor. She will be missed,

My condolences to her family and friends. May she Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

Last edited by JIVE FIVE Mary G.; 08-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Yes R.I.P EYDIE,You were THE BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by JIVE FIVE Mary G. View Post
    So sorry to hear the news...

Eydie possessed one of the greatest female voices ever!! I always loved her singing voice, duets with her husband, her personality and humor. She will be missed,

My condolences to her family and friends. May she Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

When I was a kid, I enjoyed watching Eydie and her husband on all those variety shows. My condolences to her family.

Rest Ms. Gorme. Another one gone from my childhood.