[REMOVE ADS]

Lala lets Darlene have it!

http://www.chachacharming.com/music/the-spector-spat/ There is also a link to lala's facebook post in its' entirety blasting Darlene.

The Crystals did not need Darlene Love or anyone else to sing for them. They were one of the BEST Live acts.Darlene made more money as a session singer then she would have ever made out of royalties.La La was the voice of "Da Doo Ron Ron" not Darlene Love.

Is there a truthful objective book that details who sang what on the Love, Crystals, Spector music? Thanks in advance. Sometime I just dont know who is telling the truth. I understand that perfomers certainly want to protect their legacy of their original work.
    Thanks in advance!

Lala was pretty rough on Darlene. Keep them out of the same room please. ......

marv - lala said she is going to darlenes show at cutting room in nyc in Sept!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    She's is going to be up to no good. At the sound of "heifer or heffa" be prepared to get out of the way.......hehehehehehehe...

you precious guys just live for a cat fight dont you? Lololol

It seems that way doesn't it? The same drama queens who are always into the Supremes mess are naturally here. I don't have an opinion here because Ms. Brooks has her view and Darlene Love had hers. The only one who can explain what happened at that session is Phil Spector and he ain't talking.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-07-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Is there a truthful objective book that details who sang what on the Love, Crystals, Spector music? Thanks in advance. Sometime I just dont know who is telling the truth. I understand that perfomers certainly want to protect their legacy of their original work.
    Thanks in advance!
    Darlene Love's autobiography , "My Name Is Love", goes into detail about who sang what on the songs that she was the lead vocalist on the songs produced by Phil Spector. Darlene is the singer on two songs that were credited to The Crystals- "He's A Rebel" & "He's Sure The Boy I Love".

Well, anyone can HEAR it is La La singing Da Doo Ron Ron and that it is Darlene singing He's A Rebel. Again, I don't know why Darlene wants credit for something she did not do. She has such a GREAT long resume and doesn't need to claim more.

Darlene wants attention I believe every word that La La is saying she does not crave attention she just wants her fans to know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Darlene wants attention I believe every word that La La is saying she does not crave attention she just wants her fans to know the truth.
    If Lala Brooks doesn't want attention, then why is she bringing up something that happened more than 40 years ago? To be honest, she comes across as being very jealous of Darlene Love and kind of resentful that Darlene is featured in a hit film while the Crystals are only a sidebar or a flashback in the film. LaLa isn't the only one jealous of the women in 20 ft. from Stardom. But you can't get mad at Darlene for handling her business and getting in that film. She hustles and makes things happen for her.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-09-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    If Lala Brooks doesn't want attention, then why is she bringing up something that happened more than 40 years ago? To be honest, she comes across as being very jealous of Darlene Love and kind of resentful that Darlene is featured in a hit film while the Crystals are only a sidebar or a flashback in the film. LaLa isn't the only one jealous of the women in 20 ft. from Stardom. But you can't get mad at Darlene for handling her business and getting in that film. She hustles and makes things happen for her.
    I wonder if Darlene orignally recorded Da DoRun Run and Lala re-recorded vocals over Darlene vocals? If so then what Darlene says is true, she recorded the song.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    I wonder if Darlene orignally recorded Da DoRun Run and Lala re-recorded vocals over Darlene vocals? If so then what Darlene says is true, she recorded the song.
    I think I've heard her say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Darlene Love's autobiography , "My Name Is Love", goes into detail about who sang what on the songs that she was the lead vocalist on the songs produced by Phil Spector. Darlene is the singer on two songs that were credited to The Crystals- "He's A Rebel" & "He's Sure The Boy I Love".
    Thanks, I will give the book a try and see what happens. They are both fine singers. It sounds like another situation of protecting ones legacy from their viewpoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3_8FVLVrA Lala posted this on her facebook page. Dont hear no Darlene. Lala adlibbed the yea yeas at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Lala just wants credit for her work. She doesn't like it when Darlene attempts to take credit for Lala's work on songs like "Da Doo Run, Run. It's as simple as that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz3_8FVLVrA Lala posted this on her facebook page. Dont hear no Darlene. Lala adlibbed the yea yeas at the end.
    That is definitely Lala Brooks. That is definitely the voice I heard on record and radio.