[REMOVE ADS]

Cher and Tina Turner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnHBO...927D1178A219FC Doing Shame Shame Shame Not exactly their highpoint but Tina can put rock and soul into anything! Cher seems way out of her league IMO.

From Billboard.

Cher is still at it today.

Cher Runs the 'World': Diva Talks No. 1 Dance Single and 'Eclectic' New Album
    ArticlesColumnsPop-ShopBy Keith Caulfield, L.A. | August 02, 2013 10:40 AM EDT

18 26 0
    "Closer To The Truth" will feature collaborations with P!nk and Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears... but not Lady Gaga.
    In Cher's latest No. 1 Dance Club/Play Songs chart hit "Woman's World," she sings, "I'm dancin' solo, in the dark, on the club floor." Shortly after midnight last Saturday [[July 27), she was on the club floor at Rasputin in West Hollywood -- but definitely not solo.

"You missed a good party," Cher tells Billboard of the event, staged to celebrate her new No. 1. "But it was so hot. Oh my God!"

While the diva herself didn't perform at the club, she took in a performance from possibly the next best thing: famed Cher impersonator Chad Michaels. Cher says that she "loved what he put together," calling his rendition of "Song For the Lonely" "genius."

"Woman's World" is the thumping first single from Cher's new studio album, "Closer to the Truth," due Sept. 24 on Warner Bros. Records. It's her first studio release since 2002's "Living Proof" and features two songs written by P!nk, as well as a guest vocal turn from Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears.

"I love him," Cher says of Shears. "What we did with his voice [[on the song) is so strange, but I know he's gonna love it."

"Woman's World," her eighth No. 1 on the Dance Club/Play Songs chart, is a song that Cher says "sings itself," explaining that it only took about an hour to record her vocals for the track. The tune was produced by Paul Oakenfold and co-written by Oakenfold, Anthony "TC" Crawford, Matt Morris and Joshua "J.D." Walker.

The public got its first taste of the song way back in November 2012, when it leaked to the Internet. Warner Bros. quickly released a high-quality version of the track through Cher’s official website in order to counter the unmastered leak. However, the single didn’t get a proper rollout until June 18, when it was serviced to radio stations and Cher performed the cut on the finale of NBC's "The Voice."

Shortly after that, the iconic artist did a flurry of TV and radio press in New York. The sweep included a buzzed-about mini-concert on June 30, which capped the city's annual gay Pride festival.

The performance came right as the dance club promotion of "Woman's World" kicked into high gear. Club DJs were serviced with a series of remixes by the likes of Jodie Harsh, Jason Nevins, David Morales, R3HAB, tyDi, Tracy Young, Danny Verde and Zookëper. An official music video for the song is forthcoming, and could debut within the next few weeks.

As for what "Closer to the Truth" sounds like, Cher says that "Woman's World" doesn't really represent the vibe of the entire set. The music legend describes the first half of the album as being very "dance-y," while "the second half of the album is very eclectic," with a banjo-enhanced number as well as a "real teary ballad" written by P!nk called "Lie to Me." [[The title of the album came from a line in the second P!nk-contributed song, called "Walk Alone.")

Cher On 'Closer to the Truth': 'I Took Some Chances on This Album'

Cher remains enthusiastic about her collaboration with Shears, calling their "double-entendre" team-up on "Take It Like a Man" one of her "favorite tracks." But one artist who won't be on the album is Lady Gaga. While Cher and Gaga had planned on a duet for inclusion on the album, it was ultimately not included in the final tracklist.

More details on the album -- and Cher's busy promotional schedule -- are due in the coming days and weeks. The entertainer will be all over the TV, including a performance on NBC's "Today" show.

"I'm probably going to be everywhere you look," says Cher, "and you're gonna go 'I wish she would go away!'"

she still ain't no Tina Turner onstage.

I've never gotten the appeal of Cher's singing voice.
    Just felt the need to finally admit that but I never ever have. It's rare that place today's acts over sixties and seventies artists but to me Christiana Aguilera, Dido, and even Lady Gaga,
    hot mess she may be, are all better singers...But she certainly has longevity,doesn't she?