[REMOVE ADS]

Lester Chambers Attacked for Trayvon Martin Dedication

This is a damn shame.

I read about this yesterday. I'm surprised no one stopped the crazy bitch when they saw her climb on stage.

I was absdolutely shocked when I saw this yesterday. I am outraged as to why or how anyone could do this to a 73 year old man. He needs to file a civil suit against her because she got freed on a minor charge. She is a sicko!

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    I was absdolutely shocked when I saw this yesterday. I am outraged as to why or how anyone could do this to a 73 year old man. He needs to file a civil suit against her because she got freed on a minor charge. She is a sicko!

S.S.
    The report I read was that he just turned 70.

I wonder if there is a hate crime here for attacking a senior. Also, he should file a criminal charge, at the very least assault and battery, or the California equivalent. The only way she should be free is by posting bail.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    I wonder if there is a hate crime here for attacking a senior. Also, he should file a criminal charge, at the very least assault and battery, or the California equivalent. The only way she should be free is by posting bail.
    Oh, but it's OK. She attacked a Black man.

Looks like White people are getting their revenge for Obama being re-elected. Ridiculous, you say? What's ridiculous is what people are getting away with these days.
    Last edited by soulster; 07-16-2013 at 05:30 PM.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I read about this yesterday. I'm surprised no one stopped the crazy bitch when they saw her climb on stage.
    Going by the audience, it seemed most of them weren’t paying much attention to what was going on stage when she rushed the stage and assaulted him. And even if they were, most of them look to be morbidly obese and not terribly mobile.

This World is getting crazier and crazier............

Yes, the American society is getting crazier and crazier. I live in Sanford, FL where this all happened. I live a few miles from the courthouse and watched the trial on TV everyday. It was a fair trial and that is the verdict. That's the American way. People need to move on and let it go. If George Zimmerman really is guilty, he will answer to God. There was a white male jogger attacked yesterday in Louisiana by three young black males. Apparently they pulled up next to him in a car and asked if he knew who Trayvon Martin was. He said yes and they jumped out and beat him up telling him "this is for Trayvon".

It saddens me to see the way the USA is going once more, backwards! be it counting election votes, or finding someone not guilty of murder, when he disobeyed orders given to him not to do anything further, it makes the States look more like a third world country!

I hope the police were called and this crazy bitch was thrown in jail.

Truly disgusting!! I hope this woman is prosecuted to the full extent of the law!!

~~Mary~~

I posted this in the clubhouse,
    but I feel it belongs here.

This attack on Chambers brings me to a bigger issue.

At what point does the media inflame people?

And I am not talking about these current events.

We can go back in Boston to Sacco and Venzetti,
    also in Cleveland to the doctor; I believe his name was Shepard.

edafan

People are totally entitled to their viewpoints. I am in the minority here because I think the verdict was just and fair. At the same time I think this attack is outrageous. We may not agree with other viewpoints, but to assult someone because you dont agree with them is just plain wrong.

In my opinion, considering someone a "suspect" because he's young, black, and in your neighborhood and then chasing him as he tries to get away from you is wrong. But I also think a "neighborhood watch" participant who is armed is wrong. I also doubt that anyone whose kid was killed due to the above two circumstances would disagree with you MickeyMac, but you're right: we can agree to disagree.

RE: I am in the minority here because I think the verdict was just and fair ..... ?????

YES YOU'RE RIGHT, it was 'just and fair' in a society where an unarmed black boy can be murdered for being on the street at the wrong time ... AND ... where any nutter is allowed to carry a gun and use it on whoever he chooses.

Luckily here in the UK we don't allow anyone to carry guns .. AND ....
    .... that includes all racist bigots.

Unfortunately, here in the U.S. most guns out in the streets are illegal. These are difficult times. Safety is always a top priority.

Unless you're teenager suspected of walking while black through Sanford Beach, Florida. That's not too safe, these days.

This case is just a reminder to every Black person in the U.S. that they are not safe anywhere, and that the police are not there to serve and protect ALL citizens.

The ironic thing about the Travon Martin case was Zimmerman's statement that "these assholes always get away." In the end, the trial proved it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The ironic thing about the Travon Martin case was Zimmerman's statement that "these assholes always get away." In the end, the trial proved it to be true.
    Of course, that was his original intent when first laid eyes on Trayvon Martin [[that he was not going to get away...........)

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    This case is just a reminder to every Black person in the U.S. that they are not safe anywhere, and that the police are not there to serve and protect ALL citizens.
    I've known that practically all my life, soulster...

When people say they believe the trial and verdict was fair and just I'm reminded of why
    it took so long for an institution like slavery to end, why Jim Crow lasted so long, why it
    took so long for blacks to get the right to vote and why in 2013 you can still be gunned
    down without just cause just like it was 1906. Even with a black man in the White House...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Of course, that was his original intent when first laid eyes on Trayvon Martin [[that he was not going to get away...........)
    The irony was that Zimmerman was the asshole that got away with it.

If Zimmerman was the teenager and Martin the adult shooter, we'd be talking about the death penalty right now.

Anyway you switch the facts, the Zimmerman verdict apologists would flip out. For examples?
    a) A hooded teenager follows a man down the street. The man bolts away and the teen runs after him. The man stops to defend himself and scuffles with the kid, who manages to kill him in the scuffle. The kid will be charged with murder.
    b) A young woman [[for example, a white woman), notices that a black man is following her. She races away and sees that he runs behind her. Being licensed for concealed carry, she pulls her gun and shoots him. She won't be charged with anything.
    c) A black man and a white man are engaged in a struggle. The black man is lawfully permitted to carry a gun. The white man sees the gun and manages to pull it away from him and shoots him to death. The white man did what he had to do to defend himself. No charges.

I dare anyone to refute that these scenarios are not analogous to the Trayvon Martin case or that the different adjudications wouldn't play out just the way that I stated. My suggestion? Give your sons pocket digital voice recorders and teach them to covertly turn them on as soon as they are engaged by strangers or the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I dare anyone to refute that these scenarios are not analogous to the Trayvon Martin case or that the different adjudications wouldn't play out just the way that I stated.
    Funky fresh would try.

As stated, then he'd lose credibility. Anybody who'd suggest that we all play by the same rules is full of shit because nobody is that naive.