[REMOVE ADS]

The Nolans member passed

© AP / Bernie Nolan in 2004

Sister-group singer Bernie Nolan dies at 52
    July 4, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
    LONDON [[AP) -- Bernadette Nolan, a member of singing sister act The Nolans, has died of cancer aged 52.
    The singer's management agency, Urban Associates, said in a statement that Nolan died Thursday surrounded by her family.
    Universally known as Bernie, Nolan was raised in Blackpool, northwestern England, and began performing with her family when she was a child.
    Bing: 'Im In the Mood For Dancing'
    The Nolans had a worldwide hit in 1979 with "I'm In the Mood For Dancing" and gained large followings from Britain to Japan.
    Nolan left in 1994 to focus on an acting career that included a role on soap opera "Brookside" and parts in stage musicals including "Blood Brothers" and "Chicago."
    In 2010 she was diagnosed with breast cancer, which later spread.
    Nolan is survived by her husband, Steve Doneathy, and their daughter, Erin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbAM2_6jKY0

Very sad.

I wasn't a huge fan of their records but I thought she was a great actress in Brookside .. [[didn't she move to "The Bill" later?).

Here is their big hit "I'm In The Mood For Dancing" ..

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE2

RIP Bernadette.

Roger

Bernie is the lead singer on I'm In The Mood For Dancing, and was the group's main lead singer. Their music was never up my street, but the girls were blessed with so much personality.

This is quite sad, she was so young. I've like a few of their song, although Maureen is by far my favorite lead singer in the group.