Quote Originally Posted by theDynamics View Post
You guys are forgetting about Golden World. And don't forget about United Sound. There was one more but it was not complete Me On by black people. There was a husband and wife team that was white and black. My memory is failing me a little bit because I can't remember whether it was on 2nd or 3rd in Detroit.
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  21.1 KB
Gary listed them. Had he not, I would have listed "Ed Wingate's and JoAnn Bratton's Golden World, Ric Tic, Wingate, Maltese[[partner with George Kerr), Love[[partner with Herman Griffin), Standout[[partner with Andre Williams), and then there were DJs- Chicago's Richard Stamz - Fox, Foxy, Paso, Sign) , E. Rodney Jones had a couple, I already mentioned Al Benson's, James Shelton's Daran, Jay-Wes, JDO, New Breed, - Claude Johnson's Trans World Sound, June Bug - George Redmon's Blue Light and Moneytown, etc. There were over 100 more in Chicago, alone, I haven't mentioned yet [[and will not). I don't have time to rifle through all my records. And I have ONLY glanced at the Detroit and Chicago record walls. There are STILL hundreds more little Black-owned "ma and pa" labels run out of homes in New York/NJ Metro Area, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Baltimore, Miami, Atlanta, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Los Angeles, Oakland, and San Diego I haven't mentioned [[and won't). And even for Chicago and Detroit, I only mentioned 1960s Black-owned labels. There might have been even more than existed during the '60s existing in both cities in the '70s [[which might even be true for all the other major US cities).