[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow...very obvious references but didn't hear any actual samples.

I have to admit I bought a Robin Thicke album for the high price of $1 at a CD bin sale. Every single song I was thinking "This guy has sure listened to a lot of Marvin Gaye albums." Each track was sung in a breathy falsetto and the songs, to me at least, all blended together as one very long [[and not very good) song. The album was "Evolution of Robin Thicke" which I actually think is considered one of his best [[!).

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow...very obvious references but didn't hear any actual samples.

I have to admit I bought a Robin Thicke album for the high price of $1 at a CD bin sale. Every single song I was thinking "This guy has sure listened to a lot of Marvin Gaye albums." Each track was sung in a breathy falsetto and the songs, to me at least, all blended together as one very long [[and not very good) song. The album was "Evolution of Robin Thicke" which I actually think is considered one of his best [[!).
    Thicke ain't the only one swagging jacking Marvin. Remy Shand, Mayer Hawthorne, D'Angelo [[lol), Maxwell, etc.

They all got their cool from MG...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Thicke ain't the only one swagging jacking Marvin. Remy Shand, Mayer Hawthorne, D'Angelo [[lol), Maxwell, etc.

They all got their cool from MG...
    It is interesting [[to me) that both Robin Thicke and Remy Shand are Canadians!