Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
Crystal, what do you propose we should do about Marv? His span of influence is not as wide as Paula Deen's. He doesn't have millions of fans that will think it's okay to be a homophobe because Marv is. Quite the opposite for Deen. Even now, like-minded fans are rallying to her support, even as she disavows her own words and beliefs. Homophobia [[and especially violence based on it) is vile and bad in its own right. With that being said, you are as watering down the issue of a very popular celebrity who admitted that she loves the thought of black people being slaves by making a false equivalency that Marv's hateful words on YouTube have the same impact.
Hate is hate and predjudice, be it of a racist, homophobic or sexist nature, is still predjudice. I am pointing out marv's hypocrisy and letting the members here know what they are dealing with. Millions of fans or a few followers on a forum shouldn't matter. Hate and bigotry should never be tolerated.

I despise Ms. Dean intensly for her racist views but cowardly homophobia also disgusts me.