[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You contradicted yourself. You first say that she is "not simply ignorant", then you say you don't consider her ignorant. Which is it?

I do not believe she is evil, nor is she 100% ignorant. Sure, she knows her views are not popular on the large scale, that's why she was crying crocodile tears. But, when she gave that deposition on the stand, i'll bet that room was filled with White people, except for her "friend" who was as "black" as the chalkboard or wall". And, when she gave that interview, she searched for her words to explain away her views on slavery. She also knew she was in trouble when she had to explain away her idea of a "traditional" southern wedding for her brother.
    No I do not contradict myself. Poor wording, poor typing is all I am guilty of! When I used the phrase that she is "not simply ignornant" my intent was to show how some people are characterizing Ms. Dean. This is what I mean: SHE IS NOT IGNORANT AT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO USING RACIAL OR ETHNIC SLURS!!!!!

She does that shit on purpose and anyone that believes that a 66 year old woman that has built a career and business up to the point of becoming a millionaire is ignorant when she says these terrible things are being naive or just too forgiving of it!
    Last edited by marv2; 06-25-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No I do not contradict myself. Poor wording, poor typing is all I am guilty of! When I used the phrase that she is "not simply ignornant" my intent was to show how some people are characterizing Ms. Dean. This is what I mean: SHE IS NOT IGNORANT AT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO USING RACIAL OR ETHNIC SLURS!!!!!

She does that shit on purpose and anyone that believes that a 66 year old woman that has built a career and business up to the point of becoming a million is ignorant when she says these terrible things are being naive or just too forgiving of it!
    OK, now I understand what you're saying, and I agree! Where she is ignorant, though, is in her beliefs.

She was just dropped by Smithfield, and now her other partners are re-evaluating her.

She was just dropped by Smithfield, and now her other partners are re-evaluating her.
    Paula Dean is going to be interviewed by Matt Laur on the Today show on Wednesday tomorrow. I hope Matt is really is firm and really throw hard questions at her and makes her explain her racist views and why she is like the way she is. He should not go easy with her. Miss Dean got some explaining to do and a tearful apology isnt going to cut it.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Paula Dean is going to be interviewed by Matt Laur on the Today show on Wednesday tomorrow. I hope Matt is really is firm and really throw hard questions at her and makes her explain her racist views and why she is like the way she is. He should not go easy with her. Miss Dean got some explaining to do and a tearful apology isnt going to cut it.

Roberta
    I agree! Of course, i'll bet her handlers are already telling him that they don't want hard questions.

Someone needs to make it clear to that woman why her views and behavior are wrong and offensive.

I agree! Of course, i'll bet her handlers are already telling him that they don't want hard questions.

Someone needs to make it clear to that woman why her views and behavior are wrong and offensive.
    If Mr Matt Laur doesnt ask hard questions and demand real detailed answers he'll look like a fool.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Paula Dean is going to be interviewed by Matt Laur on the Today show on Wednesday tomorrow...
    Roberta
    Usually, she goes on that show to do cooking segments. I guess tomorrow, she will let us know that her goose is cooked. As far as I'm concerned,

Name:  bramhall-world-paula-deen.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  48.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Usually, she goes on that show to do cooking segments. I guess tomorrow, she will let us know that her goose is cooked. As far as I'm concerned,

Name:  bramhall-world-paula-deen.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  48.9 KB
    lol milven and shes brought it all on herself.

Roberta

OK, now I understand what you're saying, and I agree! Where she is ignorant, though, is in her beliefs.

Thank you. But in her beliefs are the beliefs of her parents and ancestors that she was raise with. In her beliefs , she believes that Black people are inferior to her and people like herself.

Reminds me of that great television moment when a half drunk Archie Bunker begins to question what he was taught about "other people" by the father he loved so dearly. How could his old man be so wrong........ Remember that episode?