[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paula Dean racist comments.

May God forgive you Paula Dean for you hateful words. ill never watch your cooking show again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D332419

Somehow, that does not surprise me one bit. The country has not changed as much as people want to believe. We will never be rid of people of all races who have a supremacist attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Somehow, that does not surprise me one bit. The country has not changed as much as people want to believe. We will never be rid of people of all races who have a supremacist attitude.
    I'm not real surprised either Jerry. I feel her cooking shows should all be cancelled so hopefully sponsors will start pulling they money.

Sad that this go on in 2013 though. Real, real sad.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I'm not real surprised either Jerry. I feel her cooking shows should all be cancelled so hopefully sponsors will start pulling they money.

Sad that this go on in 2013 though. Real, real sad.

Roberta
    They should give Diana Ross her show!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They should give Diana Ross her show!
    Don't turn this into a fuckin' Diana Ross thread! OK? Thank you!

I read the story and don't think Paula Dean is a racist. She admitted using the N word a long, long time ago. She's a product of the south. A lot of white southerners used the word in the days before they knew better. It was not a politically correct time. She was contrite and admitted she was not perfect. Remember this all stems from a lawsuit by a former employee who is a black female. It was the employee's lawyer asking the questions. About a plantation styled wedding. We celebrate plantations here in the south. People tour them. I don't think she meant having darkies serving white folks. I've used the N word. I try not to, but I slip and say it, so I understand that some find it offensive. In her defense, I will say Paula Dean and her sons were responsible for the Neeleys , a black couple getting a cooking show on Food Network. Some people are out to ge Ppaula Dan. They are jealous and would like to see her replaced by Trisha Yearwood.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I read the story and don't think Paula Dean is a racist. She admitted using the N word a long, long time ago. She's a product of the south. A lot of whitecsoutherners used the word in the days before they knew better. It was not a politically correct time. She was contrite and admittedcshe was not perfect. Remember this all stems from a lawsuit by a former employee who is a black female. It was the employee's lawyer asking the questions. About a plantation styled wedding. We celebrate plantations here in the south. People tour them. I don't think she meant having darkies serving white folks. I've used the N word. I try not to, but I slip and say it, so I understand that some find it offensive. In her defense, I will say Paula Dean and her sons were responsible for the Neeleys , a black couple getting a cooking show on Food Network. Some people are out to ge Ppaula Dan. They are jealous and would like to see her replaced by Trisha Yearwood.
    Im sorry kamasu but this isnt the first time Paula Dean has been caught using racist words ad if you read the court transcript she comes across as real bigoted to me.

Respectfully yours,

Roberta

I'm bigoted and racist too. I've called white people "crackers," "M-fing rednecks" "honkies" and talked about them in a derogatory manner. They are words, hateful words, but I know better and don't mean to say some of what I say.

I'm bigoted and racist too. I've called white people "crackers," "M-fing rednecks" "honkies" and talked about them in a derogatory manner. They are words, hateful words, but I know better and don't mean to say some of what I say.
    No offense but that doesnt make it right.

Roberta

But, you meant it some of the time, right?

I know it doesn't make it right, but I realize people are products of their environments , say stupid things at times and are humans - who make mistakes.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Kam, don't forget that this deposition is responding to charges that her bigotry manifested in her illegal treatment of someone in her employ. I suspect that a white person working for you would have grounds to sue you for using the language you described toward him.

Kam, don't forget that this deposition is responding to charges that her bigotry manifested in her illegal treatment of someone in her employ. I suspect that a white person working for you would have grounds to sue you for using the language you described toward him.
    From what I heard on the news, the person bringing the suit is a white person who got fed up because she has children that are mixed in her family.

From what I know about her restaurant, Paula Dean hasn't physically run it for a while now. I think her brother does and one of her sons. A white employee could sue for racial discrimination, but I would never use racist remarks in a professional setting. Paula said she used the N-word but in private, years ago.

From what I know about her restaurant, Paula Dean hasn't physically run it for a while now. I think her brother does and one of her sons. A white employee could sue for racial discrimination, but I would never use racist remarks in a professional setting. Paula said she used the N-word but in private, years ago.
    Easy to say she used the N word years ago now that she been caught for the 2nd time. Sorry kamasu. imo Miss Dean is a racist and i hope she seeks redemption.

Roberta

Kam,

Just because Deen is a product of the south cannot excuse her behavior, and I believe she could probably have used the "n" word as recent as yesterday.

I can't say if she's a racist, but she certainly is a bigot! When this hits the mainstream press, advertisers/food companies will start pulling their sponsorship, her show may be dropped, and she will have to come to grips that the whole country isn't the south. And, that restaurant and others like it? Yeah, they're going to face a LOT of scrutiny. I hope this snowballs.

During that deposition, she was all nonchalant about using the word, too. Hmmm...I wonder what she would have called the bank robber if he had been white? Hmmmm...

Through one of the links on that article, I found some quotes from other celebrities who have also made racist slurs. Two that I didn't know about before were John Wayne and Charlie Sheen. Seems like 'ol Marion Ross believed in white supremacy "until Blacks were educated to the point where they could be responsible", and he said this in 1971. Later, Charlie Sheen called his ex-wife a n----r.

Oh, they just keep-a-comin'!

This has gotten covered by the national morning news shows. It looks like Paula Deen's ass is grass and Food Network is the lawn mower. According to some local folks in the know, the network is not standing by her but doing its own investigation. I am told execs at the network have not been happy with Paula for a while, especially since her diabetes scandal, which she kept from the public and her diva demands. Her successors are already making moves; Ree Drummond who does country cooking on Food Network [[same thing Dean does)was on GMA after it reported on Dean's trouble and Trisha Yearwood whose cooking show won a Daytime Emmy.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-21-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Shaking my head at someone who gets excited for a "plantation wedding", complete with faux slaves to serve them. And feeling justified about calling the person who robbed her the N-bomb reminds me of Oprah's show from Forsyth County, Georgia many years ago [[the didn't permit black people to live there). They told her that as far as they weren't concerned, she wasn't a n***er, but other black people were.

I'd love for Paula to tell us which of us are and which of us aren't.

Shaking my head at someone who gets excited for a "plantation wedding", complete with faux slaves to serve them. And feeling justified about calling the person who robbed her the N-bomb reminds me of Oprah's show from Forsyth County, Georgia many years ago [[the didn't permit black people to live there). They told her that as far as they weren't concerned, she wasn't a n***er, but other black people were.

I'd love for Paula to tell us which of us are and which of us aren't.
    It saddens and disgust me that this type of hatred is still around in 2013. We are all Gods children to live a life with hate in your heart is a wasted life imo.

Real, real sad that people hate because of skin color.

Roberta

Food Network has dropped Paula Deen's shows from the network. I told you that it would happen. Paula was foolish, she gave FN a good reason to can her ass. She didn't see that her successors were in place and the ax was in the air waiting to chop. She's Dumb. She opened her mouth and stuck her foot, her whole hand and arm in it. She issued an apology, but it was too late. Endorsements are sure to fall away. I hope she's saved her money and can drink her lynching lemonade on her porch.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-21-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Food Network has dropped Paula Dean's shows from the network. I told you that it would happen. Paula was foolish, she gave FN a good reason to can her ass. She didn't see that her successors were in place and the ax was in the air waiting to chop. She's Dumb. She opened her mouth and stuck her whole hand and arm in it. She issued an apology, but it was too late. Endorsements are sure to fall away. I hope she's saved her money and can drink her lynching lemonade on her porch.
    Ms Paula Dean brought this on herself and now she must make ammends with her maker.

I will never understood why people always resorts to racial slurs. Your vocabulary must be real limited and you must have so much hate and anger in your heart. smh in disbelief and disapointment.

Roberta

Food Network has dropped Paula Dean's shows from the network. I told you that it would happen. Paula was foolish, she gave FN a good reason to can her ass. She didn't see that her successors were in place and the ax was in the air waiting to chop. She's Dumb. She opened her mouth and stuck her foot, her whole hand and arm in it. She issued an apology, but it was too late. Endorsements are sure to fall away. I hope she's saved her money and can drink her lynching lemonade on her porch.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...7.html?bv-life

Hah! They had been looking for a reason to kick her off anyway. The bitch just made it easier for them.

It probably wouldn't have been this way if she had not been so caviler about the issue. She acted like the "n" word was really no big deal, and that repeating offensive jokes was OK. Add that to her love of Black slaves serving de White people food was the icing. That "apology" she issued wasn't even an apology. The only thing she's sorry about is that people noticed.

I'm sure Rupert Murdoch will find a place for her on one of his networks, just like he does with all the other prominent racists/bigots who get fired from everywhere else.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-21-2013 at 09:57 PM.

My wife said she always suspected Ol' Paula's neck was a deep shade of red. She said Paula once made a reference about a black guest cutting "someone's ass" if they messed with her. My sister said she was insulted when Paula prepared fried chicken and collard greens when actress Viola Davis was a guest. Paula did admit she liked the movie The Help. It probably reminded her of her dear ol' mammy. Turns out Deen's contract at Food Network was soon to expire and renegotiations had not been going well anyway. Her contract was up at the end of this month.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-22-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Last edited by soulster; 06-21-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    See this has been going on for years and tears and Paula Dean is only appologizing cause she got caught smh.

Roberta

Wow. So, my guy Hollis is "black as this board"? I am surprised that she did not go all the way with that and call him "blurple" in front of that crowd.

I think the term "accidental racist" may apply here She seriously doesn't think she says or does anything wrong. She's totally ignorant of Black people, and, despite having grown up dirt poor for a time, she has no understanding. She exhibits classic sociopathic behavior. It only hurts her when she is negatively affected.

The one thing that makes it worse are all the enablers who are Black, like her pastor and manager. The pastor is naive, and the manager probably gets paid well enough to ignore her behavior. It's like Black republicans. They are part of, speak for, and are apologists for a fundamentally racist, and sexist party, all for a nice rub on the head. Dem white folk sure love that wooly, spongy hair!

I think the term "accidental racist" may apply here She seriously doesn't think she says or does anything wrong. She's totally ignorant of Black people, and, ...has no understanding. She exhibits classic sociopathic behavior. It only hurts her when she is negatively affected.
    Her apology was worse than her actions. She was sorry for the ramifications that her words and actions brought to her. I'm not sure what is an accidental racist.

As a child of the fifties, I was ignorant of black people [[colored People back then). There were none in my school and the only black people on TV were those in stereotypical roles. Even the music that I listened to was homogenized cover versions of the Clovers, Moonglows, Spaniels, Little Richard. [[I just didn't know at the time that I was listening to covers of the originals)

But as I was growing up and started being exposed to more of the world, some of that world included black people and if I unknowingly had any prejudice because of ignorance, it disapeared.

So, I don't understand the term accidental racist. Today, we are all exposed to all kinds of people in all kinds of roles on tv and in real life. How can anyone be "totally ignorant of Black people"?

Racism IS caused by ignorance. But how can anyone be ignorant of race in today's connected world?

Paula isn't ignorant. She is STUPID !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Her apology was worse than her actions. She was sorry for the ramifications that her words and actions brought to her. I'm not sure what is an accidental racist.

As a child of the fifties, I was ignorant of black people [[colored People back then). There were none in my school and the only black people on TV were those in stereotypical roles. Even the music that I listened to was homogenized cover versions of the Clovers, Moonglows, Spaniels, Little Richard. [[I just didn't know at the time that I was listening to covers of the originals)

But as I was growing up and started being exposed to more of the world, some of that world included black people and if I unknowingly had any prejudice because of ignorance, it disapeared.

So, I don't understand the term accidental racist. Today, we are all exposed to all kinds of people in all kinds of roles on tv and in real life. How can anyone be "totally ignorant of Black people"?

Racism IS caused by ignorance. But how can anyone be ignorant of race in today's connected world?

Paula isn't ignorant. She is STUPID !!!!
    Racism is also caused by hate and an evil heart. It is intentional. Ignorance can sometimes be an involuntary condition of just not knowing about certain people, things and places. Rascists know exactly what they are doing and how they feel which is why it is still so persistent in this country.

Well, "accidental racist" was likely a term made popular by country artist Brad Paisley and LL Cool J, and the recent song of the same title on Paisley's recent "Wheelhouse" album.

An "accidental racist" is a person who says, does, and believes things that are identified as racist, but may not see anything wrong with what they say, do, or believe [[think: Archie Bunker). It happens when people are socially isolated from those that they have the racist attitudes about, and/or when stereotypes are believed about those people, then try to rationalize it. The fact that they have to rationalize what they think, say, or behave means that deep down they know better. I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, so that;as the best way I can explain it right now. For an example: recently when I was talking to a white person from the south about talking about bigotry against those from the Middle East, he said

"When 9/11, it was alright to call them "towel heads"
    . Everyone I knew called them that until it became politically incorrect".

In this case, he thought it was OK because "everyone" did it. It was the cultural norm. They probably never interacted with anyone from the Middle East, much less knowingly saw one in real life.

Here's another commentary on the Pauls Deen controversy: http://entertainment.time.com/2013/0...-her-fans-too/
    Last edited by soulster; 06-22-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added thoughts and link

Living in the south, I kind of expect most whites to be racists. It's part of the history here, feel me? I know not all whites think in racist terms. But racism is alive and well in 2013. Things have gotten worse rather than better. When we first moved to Memphis, there was just white folk and black folk, very few Asians, a few Middle Easterners and that was it. Some whites tended to intermingle or socialize with Blacks. We ate at the same restaurants, went to the some of the same events, lived in the same communities. But as Memphis has become more culturally or racially diverse, those old attitudes and segregation have reappeared in some people.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.

A child can be excused for ignorance, for not knowing
    , but not a grown ass ,old woman like Paula Dean. She is just hateful, stubborn and evil.

Living in the south, I kind of expect most whites to be racists. It's part of the history here, feel me? I know not all whites think in racist terms. But racism is alive and well in 2013. Things have gotten worse rather than better. When we first moved to Memphis, there was just white folk and black folk, very few Asians, a few Middle Easterners and that was it. Some whites tended to intermingle or socialize with Blacks. We ate at the same restaurants, went to the some of the same events, lived in the same communities. But as Memphis has become more culturally or racially diverse, those old attitudes and segregation have reappeared in some people.
    My experience growing up in the southwest was different. Sure, there were a lot of white racists, but, many of them kept it well-hidden, but, somehow, you just "knew" who it was. Many of them weren't. But, now over the last 30 years, we have had a huge influx of older white people from the upper midwest and the south, and heavily republican, I might add. It's to the point where I have to keep my guard up for what they may say to me, and. believe it, I may as well be down south! And, they spawn children who think the same way, so it's not just older folks. We have seen recent comments of the children of Arizona's [[R) senator Jeff Flake's teenage son on Twitter and Facebook in recent weeks, and those of Nevada's [[R) representative Joe Heck's son too.

I submit that places all over are becoming more bigoted and racist because of the election of Pres. Barrack Obama, and the increase in numbers of non-white citizens in this country. The white people who once dominated this nation in every way suddenly feel threatened, Their way of life, as they see it, is disappearing. They are no longer in power. It makes perfect sense that racism is very alive in the south because there are actually more Blacks living in the south than in anywhere else in this country. That is a statistical fact. Racism has also shown up in heavily Latino areas, such as Arizona, Texas, Florida, and Southern California. It's no accident that most of these places are very politically republican. It't just that the Whites, who have dominated the power structure, are dwindling in numbers, and they feel threatened. It's brought out the worst in many people, especially those who thought they weren't racist.

I think that a lot of the attitude is based on the belief that "somebody has to be better than others, so why not us?" It has been stated that white people will be a statistical minority in the next 20 years, so people are hoping against hope that the chickens of hatred will not be roosting. It manifested itself in last year's election and still is revealed when politicians prefer to change election rules than adapt to the voting public.

Why can't things be like they used to be? From their standpoint, everybody was happy in the good old days when they ran things and the coloreds all knew their place. Thank God everybody does not feel that way, but this sad case just reminds us that some still do.

I read this on yahoo news earlier today.

"The fallout may not end with Food Network. At least two other companies that do business with Deen say they're keeping a close eye on the controversy. Las Vegas-based Caesars Entertainment Corporation, which has Deen's restaurants in some of its casinos, said Friday that it "will continue to monitor the situation." Publisher Ballantine, which has a new Deen book scheduled to roll out this fall, used similar words."

It would serve Miss Paula Dean right if all sponsors drop her and they should. She need to make this right with her maker her heart and the public and until she go on a sincere paths to redemption this gonna haunt her till her dying day.

Roberta

From the opposing side!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/paula-deen-...180024556.html

This country still have a lot of racist people.......

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=P...5g0YiC54yZbFWb

If this link doesn't work, YouTube Search: White Privilege, Racism, White Denial & the Cost of Inequality.

Thanks, Shaqueetha! I'll watch this later!

A lot of changes have happened to Paula Deen this week. She lost her job, her endorsements, her reputation and more. I hope she handles change better than her great-grandfather. When he had to set his thirty slaves free, he went out in the barn and shot himself because he couldn't deal with those kind of changes.

A lot of changes have happened to Paula Deen this week. She lost her job, her endorsements, her reputation and more. I hope she handles change better than her great-grandfather. When he had to set his thirty slaves free, he went out in the barn and shot himself because he couldn't deal with those kind of changes.
    Boo-hoo! I wonder how many of his slaves killed themselves because they couldn't handle their changes.

Paula Deen will bounce back, just like so many other people who have made racial gaffs. Don Imus is still around. Glen Beck is still around. Charlie Sheen is still around. Jesse Jackson is still around, and Deen will be too. All she has to do is shut up and hide for a few months. Hell! She doesn't even have to prove to anyone she is enlightened because there are enough people out there who still accept her. We've already got one Black pastor sticking up for her.

Maybe Deen should live in New York City for a few years. The city is highly diverse and liberal. Oh, she should live in a predominantly Black area. The point of that is to get away from that bubble of the white southern mentality. People are less bigoted when they travel and live among diverse peoples.

Sometimes the best way to deal with bigots and racists is to not get angry at them or tell them off, but show them.

Boo-hoo! I wonder how many of his slaves killed themselves because they couldn't handle their changes.

Paula Deen will bounce back, just like so many other people who have made racial gaffs. Don Imus is still around. Glen Beck is still around. Charlie Sheen is still around. Jesse Jackson is still around, and Deen will be too. All she has to do is shut up and hide for a few months. Hell! She doesn't even have to prove to anyone she is enlightened because there are enough people out there who still accept her. We've already got one Black pastor sticking up for her.

Maybe Deen should live in New York City for a few years. The city is highly diverse and liberal. Oh, she should live in a predominantly Black area. The point of that is to get away from that bubble of the white southern mentality. People are less bigoted when they travel and live among diverse peoples.

Sometimes the best way to deal with bigots and racists is to not get angry at them or tell them off, but show them.
    Soulster, having her live in NYC would change nothing about her! True story. Back in the late 90's a company I was working for at the time hired and relocated a woman who had been in our industry for years from Nashville, TN.
    Once she was in New York, she proceeded to continue to call most of the guys in our firm "Bubba" and the women, "Gurl"! Unbeknownst to me and the only other African American in my office, a female. She referred to us as "The Monkeys" behind our backs! She would only say it around the white employees there hoping to get laughs. WELLLLLL! They do not play that in New York. It was not very long before it all came to light. She had fired the African American woman and tried to reassign me, giving my work to a new hired white guy with little to no experience. A white employee told management how this woman referred to African Americans as "monkeys, etc....."

Bottomline ---- she ended up with the company facing lawsuits. She was then transferred to Atlanta where she wanted to be and where they'd hoped she would fit in better . Guess what? Within two months of being in the Atlanta office, she started up again with an African American female working in our Atlanta office. The company was facing another lawsuit and finally had to dissmiss this awful, racist woman! Maybe she should have stayed in Tenn? I don't know, but I do know people take their racism with them wherever they go. Being nice and trying to get a person like that to like you does not work. They have made up their minds that they are better than you in some way!

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 06-23-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Soulster, having her live in NYC would change nothing about her! True story. Back in the late 90's a company I was working for at the time hired and relocated a woman who had been in our industry for years from Nashville, TN.
    Once she was in New York, she proceeded to continue to call most of the guys in our firm "Bubba" and the women, "Gurl"! Unbeknownst to me and the only other African American in my office, a female. She referred to us as "The Monkeys" behind our backs! She would only say it around the white employees there hoping to get laughs. WELLLLLL! They do not play that in New York. It was not very long before it all came to light. She had fired the African American woman and tried to reassign me, giving my work to a new hired white guy with little to no experience. A white employee told management how this woman referred to African Americans as "monkeys, etc....."

Bottomline ---- she ended up with the company facing lawsuits. She was then transferred to Atlanta where she wanted to be and where they'd hoped she would fit in better . Guess what? Within two months of being in the Atlanta office, she started up again with an African American female working in our Atlanta office. The company was facing another lawsuit and finally had to dissmiss this awful, racist woman! Maybe she should have stayed in Tenn? I don't know, but I do know people take their racism with them wherever they go. Being nice and trying to get a person like that to like you does not work. They have made up their minds that they are better than you in some way!

Marv
    First, the company should have fired her when she was in still NYC! This tells me that the company has issues of its own.

Yeah, you're right. But, hey, it was just a suggestion. And, many people do change with long-term exposure. But, Paula Deen seems like she is open to learning something if she really wants to understand why she lost her contract, and it should happen now, before she realizes how much support she has among the bigots.

Marv
    First, the company should have fired her when she was in still NYC! This tells me that the company has issues of its own.

Yeah, you're right. But, hey, it was just a suggestion. And, many people do change with long-term exposure. But, Paula Deen seems like she is open to learning something if she really wants to understand why she lost her contract, and it should happen now, before she realizes how much support she has among the bigots.

You know, I was standing in line at my cable provider the other day before all of this broke out, and they had her show on one of the monitors. Now, I had never watched her show before, but while watching it while bored, I noticed something about her looked "off'. She looked very depressed. I guess we know why now. She got busted! I had never watched her show before because, I had once read about her bigotry.

Paula Dean lose ham endorsement. This story isnt going away. Time to make ammends miss Dean with your God and with the Black community and with your fans and within your heart and make ammends with everyone else you offendded with your ignorant and hateful words.

http://www.people.com/people/article...711740,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Paula Dean lose ham endorsement. This story isnt going away. Time to make ammends miss Dean with your God and with the Black community and with your fans and within your heart and make ammends with everyone else you offendded with your ignorant and hateful words.
    An apology with tears isn't enough. It won't mean a thing unless she understand why she was so offensive. This isn't just about her use of the "n" word, it's about the mentality of a person who would use it. It's about how she dismissed her use of the word as no big deal. It's about as recent as late last year that she has that "slavery wasn't bad" mentality. She acted like she was among like-minded white folk on that stand, so it was OK to think that way. "Yes, of course!" You all know damn well she used that word more than once, and probably very recently. Her brother no doubt did too.

And, some Black people have to stop thinking that it's OK for white people to act that way too. Oh yeah! There are plenty of Blacks who also think this is no big deal.

And, Black people have got to stop using the word too!

White people can be close friends with Blacks and still not know or understand a thing about them or their history. Why? They don't have to.

Another video tape surfaced in which Paula Deen was discussing a friendship with a black gentleman s
    he apparently has known for a while. I'm paraphrasing, but she said the man was as black as an old school chalkboard. The man happened to be in her audience and she told him to stand up in the room, which was dark. She had him come into the light, because she said he was so dark, the people couldn't see him. It showed how ignorant she really is.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-24-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Another video tape surfaced in which Paula Deen was discussing a friendship with a black gentleman s
    he apparently has known for a while. I'm paraphrasing, but she said the man was as black as an old school chalkboard. The man happened to be in her audience and she told him to stand up in the room, which was dark. She had him come into the light, because she said he was so dark, the people couldn't see him. It showed how ignorant she really is.
    That was the interview she did late last year in NYC, and someone already posted a link to it upthread. That Black man turned out to be her manager.

May God have mercy on this ignorant and racist and bigoted stupid woman. I feel this is just the tip of the icebergs. My gut tell me theres a whole lot more going to come out on Miss Paula Dean.

Roberta

Wow. To illustrate her point of how black people were important to her social structure, she actually referred to how her great-grandfather ate a bullet when the war ended and "workers" went away. Like he missed them or something. Sick bastard realized that he now had to make payroll and took the coward' s way out. That is probably a story that is passed down from generation to generation in her family to show why you should hate Yankees and never trust them backstabbing colored people.

I am telling you. Anyone giving this woman a pass for her blatant racism is making a mistake! All those supporting her will feel completely justified in continuing to be racists if she winds up back on television.

Arsenio Hall was warned not to have Minister Louis Farrakhan on his show. He brought him on anyway and you have not seen much of Arsenio since and it's going on 20 years now!