[REMOVE ADS]

Rare Linda Jones Clip

Here she is singing background for Al Green. I dont remember ever seeing her on any tv show. from her pictures I always imagined her to be bigger, but she was a petite cute little thing who died waayyy too soon. Her she is doing her signature holler! When I listen to her version of for your precious love I can see Mary J doing a great cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8NWqO85P6Y

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Here she is singing background for Al Green. I dont remember ever seeing her on any tv show. from her pictures I always imagined her to be bigger, but she was a petite cute little thing who died waayyy too soon. Her she is doing her signature holler! When I listen to her version of for your precious love I can see Mary J doing a great cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8NWqO85P6Y
    Soulballad .. this isn't the same LINDA JONES who recorded "Hypnotised" and "Your Precious Love", she is a backing singer who happened to have the same name.

She is credited on his "Belle" and "Truth N' Time" L.P.s, both recorded around 5 years after the death of the "Hypnotised" LINDA JONES.

Great performance of "People Get Ready" though.

Roger

Thanks for letting me know. I know this young lady did not look like the Linda I've seen in the very few photo's and as I've stated I never saw the Hypnotised Linda on Tv nor did I have the pleasure of ever seeing her in person so I had no real Idea. I'm sure she must have appeared on TV somewhere even if was a local show but I missed it. This Linda does have that original dramatic Linda holler though!

Oh boy...
    Oh boy...

I was excited there for a minute when I saw the title of this thread! The search continues for live footage on Linda...

Okay,
    I've relaxed a bit now but I have to say I hadn't been that let down on the forum in a long
    long time...And this Linda Jones doesn't evoke the late Linda Jones to me one bit...

Really? That doesn't look like the same Linda Jones from Newark, N.J. of "Hypnotized" fame. [[???) She looks too young. Of course, I may be wrong.

Where's her daughter Terri Jones to confirm?

Here's Linda ~
    Name:  21VX8NZWPKL.jpg
Views: 2466
Size:  7.3 KB

Name:  168886.jpg
Views: 4390
Size:  22.6 KB

S.S.

I've always loved the album cover of "Let It Be Me". Thanks for posting it, S.S.!

Here's another one of my favorites album covers by Linda:

Name:  Linda Jones Live In Ohio 1970.jpg
Views: 2702
Size:  16.5 KB
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 06-18-2013 at 03:45 PM.

You are welcome, No-place-like-Motown.

Yes, I love the live album too!!

S.S.

Linda started recording in 1963 on Cub Records as Linda Lane. But she didn't have her big hit until 1967 with "Hypnotized" as Linda Jones.

Al Green didn't start recording until 1967 with "Back Up Train" had his big hit in 1971 with "Let's Stay Together".

Does anyone think the time frame doesn't match?

S.S.

This is the closest you'll get to Linda Jones, her daughter Terry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4wL0SynCio

As I suspected.... this is NOT thee Linda Jones. Didn't even sound like Linda to me, plus way to young!!
    This performance took place in the 1980's.
    I can tell you Linda passed in 1972.
    This child is someone else with the same name or Al got it mixed up.

S.S.

Nope and plus Linda jones is a pretty common name. It most likely not the same one.

I do wish footage of the hynotized singer linda jones did exist, and she has very few pictures of her [[I think this thread posted most of them.)