Mary listened to other people who were involved with her. She, however, did not get a half million dollars--it was like $250-300 thousand, according to what she told me. Also, that is totally incorrect about Berry making an offer of half his company--total bullshit!!!!! That was always the joke--Why didn't you say to him give me half the label--as she said he got down on his knees with tears in his eyes and said, "You name it. I'll give you what you want." Does anyone really think that Mickey, Smokey, the Gordys, would have allowed him to do that??? He didn't even make that kind of offer to Diana when she left. I believe Mary's failures were the result of the power Berry and Motown had in the business. After all, look what happened to Florence Ballard. Mary did think about NOT leaving, but those pulling her away, mainly her ex-husband, said you better leave 'cause he's not gonna promote you anymore after all this--meaning the idea to leave. She listened to the wrong people and her age certainly had a lot to do with it.