Hi Everyone, it's been awhile since my last visit & I hope to get to visit more often in the near-future. Unfortunately, I'm here to inform you of some bad news & I know that by now, there's been some talk abut this. So to eliminate any speculation & with prayer being so powerful, I was allowed to post this information

I just received permission from a member of The Dells Family to post this information. Marvin Junior is very ill & is not expected to be with us for very much longer. Chuck Barksdale is also ill & is not doing very well.

Usually, this news isn't made public & in the case of many, we learn what's going on only AFTER the passing of one of our beloved icons, as was the case with Johnny Carter.

But in this case, The Dells are one of our most cherished, beloved & respected groups. As I've always said about them over at Soulfuldetroit.com, The Dells are nothing less than our NATIONAL TREASURES!

And it's because of this great love & respect that we all share for The Dells, it was believed to be best to allow both Marvin Junior & Chuck Barksdale to receive their flowers right here & right now. I believe it best that both of them & their families know exactly how much we love these men & this group & to send up all every prayer for them as is humanly possible.

If nothing more than that, let's show these men just how much we love them & give them the Facebook version of one big standing ovation. Please, pass this on to every Facebook friend that you have & any music forum that you belong to.

These 2 men have added so much, not just musically, but also to the fabric of our lives. Some of us made babies to their music, some of us were conceived to their music. Whether in bad times or good, THE DELLS & their music was ALWAYS there either to make us dance when we were happy, to console us when we were sad or to simply say the words that we couldn't find a way to say when pursuing someone whom we were interested in, or even apologizing after we had screwed up.

So please pass this along & help to give these giants one hell of a standing ovation while they're here with us & show them & their families that we're with them & that we support them at this very difficult time!

Marvin Junior & Chuck Barksdale, my prayers are with you & may God bless you both!