[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I, missed O'Reilly's show yesterday, where he was supposed to talk about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_james View Post
    C'mon folks, it's television, it's entertainment, and it's about RATINGS and MONEY. The view is not Meet The Press.
    All television shows are scripted and planned.... either beforehand or in post-production. There are no surprises, they know what's going to happen. No free for all.
    I could be wrong, but I do not think that the walk out was staged. Especially based on Barbara Walters reaction.

You guys know this network better than I; is this a plant or could this be accurate?

Behind the View Walk Off: Zwecker
    Updated: Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 10:32 AM CDT
    Published : Wednesday, 20 Oct 2010, 10:32 AM CDT

By Bill Zwecker, FOX Chicago News

Chicago - Here's a bit of backstage scoop from The View: One of the show's staffers tells me it was none other than Elisabeth Hasselbeck who proved to be the true peacemaker after that big dustup last week, when Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar walked off the set.

They were upset by Bill O'Reilly's comments about "Muslims being responsible" for the terrorist attacks on 9/11.

Though Hasselbeck is the well-known conservative Republican on the show, and a big O'Reilly fan, she kept her mouth shut about her feelings [[she agreed with Barbara Walters, that Behar and Goldberg shouldn't have bolted) and ended up being the voice of reason.

It was Hasselbeck, my source tells me, who smoothed things over.

Apparently, Walters’ verbal tongue-lashing of Goldberg and Behar hurt their feelings, and that's what really needed to be straightened out.