[REMOVE ADS]

Nba center jason collins comes out of the closet

Though it shouldn't be news in 2013, it is ground breaking http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/30/sp...-gay.html?_r=0
    Last edited by glencro; 04-30-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Whereas there will be backlash at this announcement, what he is subjected to from his peers will be the least of his problems. Every homophobic preacher and moralist [[many of them on the downlow, themselves) will be trying to earn a name for himself by declaring boycotts of NBA and team sponsors and encouraging their followers to rise up against Collins and his supporters. It's all so pointless. But, there are rumors that at least three NFL players are about to announce as well, so the amount of flak this gentleman receives will either expedite or delay that development.

I applaud every homosexual gentleman and lesbian lady that come out of the closet. Any church or orginizations that boycott the NBA and their sponors ought to hang their heads in shame.

Congratulations Mr Collins you setting a fine example for all youth who may be struggling with sexuality issues.

God will continue to bless you.

Roberta

thomas96 Guest
    Good for him, but I feel bad for his ex-fiance that was with him for 8 years without knowing that, thinking she was going to get married and have kids with him... Also, the media has made way too big a deal about this. If this is to become the norm then people just shouldn't care. I couldn't care less what sexuality my favorite football players are. I just care about the sports aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Whereas there will be backlash at this announcement, what he is subjected to from his peers will be the least of his problems. Every homophobic preacher and moralist [[many of them on the downlow, themselves) will be trying to earn a name for himself by declaring boycotts of NBA and team sponsors and encouraging their followers to rise up against Collins and his supporters. It's all so pointless. But, there are rumors that at least three NFL players are about to announce as well, so the amount of flak this gentleman receives will either expedite or delay that development.
    Something tells that there won't be much vocal outrage about this. They want votes in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Good for him, but I feel bad for his ex-fiance that was with him for 8 years without knowing that, thinking she was going to get married and have kids with him...
    There's the real victim in all of this. If this hadn't been such a hostile culture for LGBT people, the man wouldn't have had to pretend.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Something tells that there won't be much vocal outrage about this. They want votes in 2014.
    I wasn't thinking so much about politicians as folks like that jackass preacher in Baltimore who told the owner of the Ravens to tell his player, Brendan Ayanbadejo, to stop speaking it for gay rights lest the team be targeted for protests.

Roberta,
    I am with you! I applaud you Jason Collins!!