[REMOVE ADS]

For harry weinger re the impressions

Great work on the BALLADS compilation by CURTIS MAYFIELD & THE IMPRESSIONS; Great sound, terrific track selection and sequencing. But it makes me sad because I assume this is it. Impressions releases are rare period and vaulted releases by the sanctified lineup of the Impressions don't exist, right? Unlike the Motown acts, we have just about everything by Curtis, Sam & Fred.

But why only 12 tracks?

I'm sick of seeing love song comps. hell, I don't even buy them. Give us a comps with social and political slanted songs.

There are lots of Impressions' compilations available, take your pick. Ballads just happens to be the latest Impressions release. My question was since there have been so many releases on the group there seems to be nothing more left in the vaults and if that's the case, it's sad. So is this it?
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 05-01-2013 at 09:09 PM.

It's my understanding that the 'pencil pushers' at ABC Records in the early to mid 70's came upon a great way to save a bit of money.
    The company's tape vaults were full and they didn't want to build any extra space.
    So they had a brainwave ....... just junk all the master tapes containing 'unissued tracks' ....
    after all, if they hadn't been released at the time they were recorded, who would ever want to hear them in the future.
    So all 'vaulted tracks' were dumped and now, when previously unreleased tracks are much sought after, the ABC vaults are totally bare.
    So all that can be included on CD compilation are old 'known' tracks.

Imagine how us music fans would have suffered if the likes of Motown, Stax, RCA had followed a similar policy.

Check out the Kent CD " ABC rarities...."

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Check out the Kent CD " ABC rarities...."
    I have that disc. It's a favorite,

Harry.......if your looking in {{{Hello}}} !

Always,
    Jeanie