[REMOVE ADS]

Barbara Lewis>>The Singles: 1962-1973

I read somewhere that one track of Barbara's was recorded at Hitsville, but I can't remember which one. Any ideas?

I remember hearing that "My Mama Told Me" [[which is on my list but no YT vid was available) was recorded at Hitsville and I believe one other song but the title escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    I remember hearing that "My Mama Told Me" [[which is on my list but no YT vid was available) was recorded at Hitsville and I believe one other song but the title escapes me.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  21.1 KB
    That's correct. "My Mama Told Me" was definitely recorded at Hitsville. You can hear it in the recording. There was no other room that sounded like that. Interesting that several of the Motown musicians on that one were the same ones who normally moonlighted for Ollie McLaughlin, anyway. At least Berry Gordy got paid for their work on this one.

"My Mama Told Me" sounds like it would have been a Marvelettes' song.