[REMOVE ADS]

If Marvin were still alive, what kinda song would he write about "living" today?

In light of a Black president, all the terrorism, school shootings, the economy, and the seemingly downward spiral of mankind just not giving a flip about each other anymore, what kind of song with a social message do you think Marvin would've written?

Would it score HUGE like "What's Goin' On", and "Mercy, Mercy, Me"? I'm betting he coulda pulled it off....

I don't know. I think he said it all in "What's Going On" because the same stuff he talked about in 1970-71 is still going on and is even worse than what it was then. So Marvin was really a prophet.

thomas96 Guest
    I agree, there's not much more to say than everything on that album, and it really is as if not more relevant than it was in '71.

Hmmmmm interesting but I think Marvin would have fell back into his love songs and perhaps a duet here and there.