[REMOVE ADS]

Rare Invictus and Hot Wax mixes compilation - wishful thinking or a real possibility?

In spare moments I sometimes wonder whether or not we’ll ever see a compilation of rare Invictus and Hot Wax mixes.

For instance, it would be great to get digitally remastered single mixes of hits and near misses by artists such as Chairmen of the Board, Freda Payne, Flaming Ember, Honey Cone etc.

Other desirable tracks would be the instrumental version of “Don’t Leave Me” by Holland and Dozier [[found on the B-side of “Why Can’t We Be Lovers?”, the version of “Everybody Party All Night” by Chairmen of the Board wherein The General sings “Let’s get into something all night” instead, and alternate mixes of “Finders Keepers” by Chairmen of the Board.

I know that some items have turned up on single artist collections but a one stop shop collection would be just fab.

Is there anything out there like this that I’m not aware of?

Anyone else got any views on this?

Bump-a-dee-bump!

I was listening to the Honey Cone 4 Pack today, and while I thought the songs were good at the time of release, they have held up quite well. Invictus definitely did not hold any crossover dreams, but enough product managed to become very successful. I am an unabashed classic period motownite, but betwen listening to the HDH 2 CD compilation, and the Honey Cone set,I think I may have to take another look at Invictus.