[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Between the Alumni Nite and the Opening Nite...........everybody came back.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I didn't see Lionel Richie or Otis Williams, did you?

Perhaps Sister Cindy is too busy putting the finishing touches on her book "Secrets of a Songbird"?

While it would have been nice to see DMC together, I think things played out exactly like they were supposed to.

Otis was at Alumni Nite as I recall; he had a lot of pictures up on his FB including pictures with Berry Gordy.

Lionel must have been off with Paris somewhere.

Otis was at Alumni Nite as I recall; he had a lot of pictures up on his FB including pictures with Berry Gordy.

Lionel must have been off with Paris somewhere.
    Ok. Were any of the Jackson's there or Brenda Holloway?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ok. Were any of the Jackson's there or Brenda Holloway?
    Do you know if Miss Ray was even mentioned in the play?

I recall seeing pictures of Janie Bradford, Pat Cosby, some Velvelettes [[maybe all) ~ but not Brenda Holloway.

I read the Jacksons were mostly consumed with the upcoming trial and I did not see any pictures of any Jacksons.

This is who Andy listed as attending on Facebook:

Motown The Musical: Motown Family Alumni night April 5, 2013. Wonderful show! Still needs some fine tuning before opening but the show is really great. I highly recommend that the fans go see it. It was so much fun. The after party was incredible. Thank you Mr. Gordy, Harry Weinger, Brian Drutman, Bruce Resnikoff, Allen Rawls, Stevie Wonder, Chris Clark, Louvain Demps, Jackie Hicks, Abdul Duke Fakir, Claudette First-Lady Robinson, Claudette Robinson, Dennis Edwards, Martha Reeves, Rosalind Lee Holmes, Betty Kelly, Annette L. Helton, Cal Street, Norma Barbee, Millie Gill, Brian Holland, Edward Holland, Timothy D. Bellavia, Janie Bradford, Clay McMurray, Pat Cosby, Karla Gordy-Bristol, Kennedy "Rockwell" Gordy, Dillon Gorman, the talented cast of the musical, and anyone else I forgot to mention here, for a truly amazing and wonderful evening! — with Janie Bradford and 3 others.

Attachment 6541

Andy's public pictures: Denise Gordy, Raynoma Gordy Singleton, Timothy Bellavia

Attachment 6542

Louvain Demps & Brian Holland ~ Andy's picture again.

Attachment 6543

Andy & Chris Clark - Andy's picture again

Attachment 6544

Janie Bradford & Claudette Robinson - Andy's picture again

I was thinking Raynoma absolutely should have been there!

Many thanks, Jobeterob, for posting Andy's great photos. Gosh, really loved seeing the one of Louvain & Brian--very beautiful, very special.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 04-18-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I was thinking Raynoma absolutely should have been there!
    Exactly! I am happy to see that she was there.

Here is a new video of opening night. There is a brief moment of real honesty by Diana Ross and Berry Gordy regarding their relationship. He goes on and on about how special she was to him and how much she inspired him. She then goes on to say "well you should have been nicer". He then replies that he knows that now. He says that she let him know that because she got rid of his ass. LOL. It ends with Diana on stage embracing the woman who portrayed her in the musical.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Here is a new video of opening night. There is a brief moment of real honesty by Diana Ross and Berry Gordy regarding their relationship. He goes on and on about how special she was to him and how much she inspired him. She then goes on to say "well you should have been nicer". He then replies that he knows that now. He says that she let him know that because she got rid of his ass. LOL. It ends with Diana on stage embracing the woman who portrayed her in the musical.

A great video that wraps it all together. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Well lts no wonder the lady cant travel to new York. 96 my goodness what an great lady.
    Roberta
    Mrs. Powell was in Philadelphia a few weeks ago with Mary Wilson for the opening of her Supremes Costume's exhibition there. She looked great and was quite well enough then.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    Mrs. Powell was in Philadelphia a few weeks ago with Mary Wilson for the opening of her Supremes Costume's exhibition there. She looked great and was quite well enough then.
    Well maybe Mrs Powell didnt want to go to the theater to see Motown the musical. I'm sure she was invited and im real sure there is no conspiracy as to why she didnt attend. Its really no big deal.

Roberta

A great video that wraps it all together. Thanks.
    Love the video and the Michael jackson IS wearing the vest jillfoster. lol

I love this photo of Diane Ross and the kid play Michael Jackson.

This photo make me smile from ear to ear. Name:  tn-1000_curtwm0000193786.jpg
Views: 3823
Size:  46.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    She sure was! I've seen video and still pictures of Mrs. Powell with Mary in Philly.

I did not see any of the REAL Contours, or Kim Weston of anyone from the DeBarge family. I wonder if Scherrie Payne has seen it?

smark21 Guest
    Have any of the surviving members of the Marvelettes attended either Alumni Night or Opening Night? I don’t think so. Lots of Motown alumni have been victimized by this show. What a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Have any of the surviving members of the Marvelettes attended either Alumni Night or Opening Night? I don’t think so. Lots of Motown alumni have been victimized by this show. What a damn shame.
    I wonder if Jimmy Ruffin or Barrett Strong feel victimized or left out?

supremester Guest
    Gladys does look great these days. She had minor work done and it looks perfectly natural. If I had the name of her Doc, I'd go to him myself. I love this video - Miss Ross looks so cute in her pink dress.

There was another Supremes reunion we all missed; watch this video til the end.

Gladys does look great these days. She had minor work done and it looks perfectly natural. If I had the name of her Doc, I'd go to him myself. I love this video - Miss Ross looks so cute in her pink dress.

And doesn't Gladys look great these days; she looks better now that 15 years ago.

supremester Guest
    Wow - this is the best video I've seen. i'm so glad Miss Ross got her line out: "You should have been nicer." EVERYONE involved with the group that I've spoken to - except for Mary - has told me how rough he was on her. How he nagged her incessantly that the entire company depended on her not messing up etc. It made her too uptight to eat. I'm glad she got it out and he admitted it. 33 years after leaving Motown and they still love each other.
    Thanks for this!

supremester Guest
    I love it too, Robert - there are two Michaels and i;ve seen them both - both are great, but this kid is a phenomenal - he tore the house DOWN on Who's lovin You......

Makes me smile as well, Robert.

This photo make me smile from ear to ear. Name:  tn-1000_curtwm0000193786.jpg
Views: 3823
Size:  46.0 KB

supremester Guest
    The peeps who said she wouldn't attend don't know her true character at all and show how little insight they have to her thought process. Good thing to keep in mind for their future musings. Fools who think that she could advance her career by being with Berry when all evidence shows clearly he was always about who made the money or confuse sleeping your way to the top of a secretary pool at the bank vs the top of The Hot 100. LOL.

I have read reports that Diana was so touched during the performance that she could be seen wiping her eyes and hugging Berry. In the interviews I have seen, she was very excited to get to see it. When she saw it she said she loved it. Remember all that talk that she wouldn't like it and that she wouldn't go see it?

supremester Guest
    Victimized??? How?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

supremester Guest
    The show was scheduled to begin at 6 - not 3 - and began about 6:15.

there are lots of reasons people don't attend events. Illness, prior commitment, family reunion just to name a few. My guess is that Mrs Powell was invited, but even if she wasn't - people throwing a party don't need to publicize who isn't invited and why. I mention this because 2 different people told me Berry asked Miss Ross if she OK with him inviting Mary to the opening - if not, Mary would be invited to family night and no one would be the wiser. i mean, it's a private party - why "should" anyone be invited unless the host wants them there?

Quote Originally Posted by revvy View Post
    Roberta, you can't be serious? It's pretty clear now that YOU'RE the troublemaker on this site. By the way, this is MY thread! In another area, the Sunday show starts at 3 pm, so my guess is Mrs. Powell wouldn't be retired for the night. She also would have enjoyed the show immensely as would Cindy and any of the Jacksons.

supremester Guest
    Not that I saw.

I wonder if Jean Terrell or Lynda Lawrence or Sherrie Payne or Barbara Martin were at the opening? Anyone know.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    I hope for those who wish it that they have an onstage reunion, but I don't really want it for myself - although I certainly would attend. I think the same issues could pop up - Diana wanted all Supremes to be invited, Mary only wanted DMC - that might still be a stumbling block. Also, Miss Ross would probably still not want anything to do with Mary's finances and that could lead to trouble again. Diana might not want to do a percentage like last time - maybe she'd want her usual fee, and Mary and the others could have their usual fees etc with the balance divided up equally if there was extra. would that be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    I agree. A Supremes reunion tour would be fantastic for everyone involved and fans would be overjoyed.

I didn't see Lionel Richie or Otis Williams, did you?
    They all can't be lassoed , hand cuffed and foreced to come. One of the Commodores said that Lionel was invited , but elected not to come.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Berry asked Miss Ross
    http://www.eslcafe.com/grammar/using..._titles04.html

I would like to say i had the pleasure of goin' to the premiere, Motown The Musical,Opening night,April 14th 2013,it was like a dream,first i'd like to say F the critics that put the play down,saying there was no story line,i'm thinking what play did they [[critics)see,the story is there from the start,to the end,Mr. Gordy even told the truth about The Supremes[[Mary,Cindy,Jean)and Diana in the play,when Diana left The Supremes she was playing The Frontier Hotel,someone was playing Up The Ladder To The Roof,[[in the hotel)Berry told them to turn it off,he didn't want Diana to hear it,because Up The Ladder,was a bigger hit,then Reach Out And Touch[[somebody's hand)the first half of the play everyone called Diana,Diane.there's a great story,in the play,Mr.Gordy let us know about the move to Los Angeles ca,about bein' on the road,about Florence exit from The Supremes,i don't want to give too much away,you just got to see it,what a PHENOMENAL CAST,Valisia LeKae as Diana Ross,Brandon Victor Dixon as Berry Gordy,Charl Brown as Smokey Robinson,Raymond Luke.Jr as Michael Jackson,and young Berry Gordy,and young Stevie Wonder,the whole Ensemble,Singers,Dancers,Choreographers,Scenic Designers,The Orchestration,The Director Charles Randolph-Wright,and the man[[To Be Loved) The Producer Mr.Berry Gordy,the whole cast comes out,at the end,Valisia who played Diana came out last,and then Diana Ross came out on stage,and the audience went crazy,out comes Berry Gordy,Smokey Robinson,Gladys knight,Stevie Wonder,and then Mary Wilson came,and the audience,and myself,can't believe the reunion of the 2 Original SUPREMES Mary Wilson and Diana Ross,this is as good as it get,after the show,i get a chance to talk to Mary,before she heads off to the after party,i also got the chance to go to the after party,and what a party,everyone was there,[[Black Ty)everyone was dress to kill lol,the food and the dranks,was super,i did get the chance to take picture's with The Supremes ladies of the night Mary and Diana,yes it was a Dream come true seein' Mary and Diana together,
    i really think the critics are hatin' on Mr Gordy,i don't want to play the race card,but i bet the critics that said the negative things about the play, were white,there,i said it,p.s that little Raymond is a audience lover,when he sang Who's Loving You,we went crazy,no Scherrie Payne has not seen it yet,[[i'm sure she will)
    A Night To Remember
    Please stay positive
    Last edited by REDHOT; 04-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Not that I saw.
    Poor Jean, Lynda, Scherrie and Barbara. They were all victimized by Motown the Musical as they were not asked to attend.

Red Hot , Thank you for your post and sharing your night with us. Would be great if you could share some of your photos with us too.

As far as the critics are concerned, it has nothing to do with race. Some of them are effete snobs and critique too sharply. They are aficionados of the theatre and critique to their own standards. I go to a lot of theatre and usually go to the preview so that my opinion would not be influenced by the critics. I saw Motown in previews with other theatre lovers and they loved it even though they were not familiar with the Motown Story except for the music. I love Motown and I love theatre so I was in heaven during the preview. Yes, I will see it again.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I would like to say i had the pleasure of goin' to the premiere, Motown The Musical,Opening night,April 14th 2013,it was like a dream,first i'd like to say F the critics that put the play down,saying there was no story line,i'm thinking what play did they [[critics)see,the story is there from the start,to the end,Mr. Gordy even told the truth about The Supremes[[Mary,Cindy,Jean)and Diana in the play,when Diana left The Supremes she was playing The Frontier Hotel,someone was playing Up The Ladder To The Roof,[[in the hotel)Berry told them to turn it off,he didn't want Diana to hear it,because Up The Ladder,was a bigger hit,then Reach Out And Touch[[somebody's hand)the first half of the play everyone called Diana,Diane.there's a great story,in the play,Mr.Gordy let us know about the move to Los Angeles ca,about bein' on the road,about Florence exit from The Supremes,i don't want to give too much away,you just got to see it,what a PHENOMENAL CAST,Valisia LeKae as Diana Ross,Brandon Victor Dixon as Berry Gordy,Charl Brown as Smokey Robinson,Raymond Luke.Jr as Michael Jackson,and young Berry Gordy,and young Stevie Wonder,the whole Ensemble,Singers,Dancers,Choreographers,Scenic Designers,The Orchestration,The Director Charles Randolph-Wright,and the man[[To Be Loved) The Producer Mr.Berry Gordy,the whole cast comes out,at the end,Valisia who played Diana came out last,and then Diana Ross came out on stage,and the audience went crazy,out comes Berry Gordy,Smokey Robinson,Gladys knight,Stevie Wonder,and then Mary Wilson came,and the audience,and myself,can't believe the reunion of the 2 Original SUPREMES Mary Wilson and Diana Ross,this is as good as it get,after the show,i get a chance to talk to Mary,before she heads off to the after party,i also got the chance to go to the after party,and what a party,everyone was there,[[Black Ty)everyone was dress to kill lol,the food and the dranks,was super,i did get the chance to take picture's with The Supremes ladies of the night Mary and Diana,yes it was a Dream come true seein' Mary and Diana together,
    i really think the critics are hatin' on Mr Gordy,i don't want to play the race card,but i bet the critics that said the negative things about the play, were white,there,i said it,p.s that little Raymond is a audience lover,when he sang Who's Loving You,we went crazy,no Scherrie Payne has not seen it yet,[[i'm sure she will)
    A Night To Remember
    Please stay positive
    Sounds like a fabulous evening...hope you share your pictures.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...NT09/304120354 and 3/4 of the Velvelettes at Motown Musical Family Night.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...NT09/304120354 and 3/4 of the Velvelettes at Motown Musical Family Night.
    What happen to the other 1/4. This is real sad.

A Night To Remember
    Please stay positive
    my dear sweet redhot. I am real happy you got to see Motown the musical. i know you have been real excited about this for a long long time and im delighted you got to see it opening night.

Bless you my dear.

My sincere and fondest regards.

Your friend Roberta

Awesome Redhot. Hope you have some pictures.

supremester Guest
    Like Wade Hampton in Gone With The Wind, Miss Ray was not mentioned, but there was no reason to, nowhere to do so and no time, at pushing 3 hours, to introduce yet more characters.

Do you know if Miss Ray was even mentioned in the play?
    Last edited by supremester; 04-20-2013 at 09:02 PM.

supremester Guest
    I didn't see you there - which door did you use? Can't wait to see your Supreme Diva Reunion pics - are you posting them here? What did they have to say?

A Night To Remember
    Please stay positive

No,sorry i will not be postin' any picture's here,my friend told me that Liza Minnelli was there last night,i can't wait for the sound track for the show,Motown The Musical,[[to be released)i'm sure there's a booklet on the show,coming also,Dammmm i got to keep it real,i'm thinking about going to New York to see it again lol.
    Please stay positive

That was fantastic.

That was 25 minutes of pure love and joy and im real real happy for Mr Berry Gordy for mr Gordy sure deserves this and the love between Mr Gordy and Miss Diane Ross is beautiful. This musical heal all old wounds and the guy who plays Marvin Gaye can lower this girls lamp any night he want to. Blush blush.

Thank you for this great clip.

Roberta

I noticed Berry called her Miss Ross.

Lowering the lamp must be like pulling the shades!