[REMOVE ADS]

Happy 98th birthday to Miss Billie Holiday the great Lady day.

God bless whoever sent you.

Roberta

alexgarret Guest
    Wow - I was introduced to her music because of Lady Sings the Blues and as a result a whole new genre of the great ladies of jazz....

I just transfered her very last album on MGM to CD. Back in 1959 that was my first exposure to her from this album when I was 4 years old. This was supposed to be her at her worst ,but this is what made a lasting impression on me , listening to my Dad's only album by her in his collection. Only just 2 years before the movie did I have the pleasure of going back to the start of her recordings ,that I was educated to how awesome she was , and still is.

R.I.P. Lady

You said a mouthful, Roberta. I could talk about Billie Holiday all dang day long but I know
    a lot of folks who didn't "get" her. I grew up with her music. Both of my parents and most of
    my northern aunts, uncles, our god-parents and family friends were fans of hers. I'd hear Billie in virtually every household we visited at some time or another. That too and also
    discussions of her music and life, her passing and from older relatives memories of seeing
    her in one place or another. It was like Billie, like John Coltrane for a lot of us never really
    died and I will love her as long as I'm on this plane. I imagine even after...I thank also
    whoever uploads clips of her on the web because then it's like I can almost have a lost
    love BACK!...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhkxy3ei8os