[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    [QUOTE=BayouMotownMan;158857]Actually that is Marjorie Barnes doing the wailing on here. She was the second replacement for the wonderful Marilyn McCoo. First there was Eloise Laws who was replaced after I think one tv appearance.

I can't believe I actually caught Bayou with inaccurate information! No that isn't Marjorie Barnes--it is Danny Beard. In fact, when the group performed this on Merv Griffin, Merv remarked that it was Danny doing that high wail, and Marjorie laughed and said Danny could hit higher notes than she could!

Lol I see this topic has been bumped up for some reason... my thoughts still remain, it's Diana's song. And her song only. The album version and the alternate original take of it are fascinating, the latter funks it up even more with the way the background vocalists keep scatting it up. LOVE IT!!!

Will i liked both versions of Love Hangover,i don't know who did what first,and don't care,again i like them both,as fare as the time,they recorded Love Hangover,i'm sure if you ask The 5th or Diana,they wouldn't be able to tell,the date and time they recorded it lol,it's no big deal.

Bayou that is not Marjorie, It is Danny Beard. LaMonte confirms this in his book and the group said so on Mike Douglas.

I wonder if the Left Banke were embittered when the Four Tops ... 'stole' ... Walk Away Renee' ?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Bayou that is not Marjorie, It is Danny Beard. LaMonte confirms this in his book and the group said so on Mike Douglas.
    I stand corrected. I never bought this record or seen it performed, I listened to it on YouTube