[REMOVE ADS]

Mel Britt R.I.P.

More sad news as news of MEL BRITT who passed away on FEBRUARY 1st 2013 at the Select Hospital Battle Creek Michigan.......on a soul trip with a plane load of soul fans from the U.K. in 2009. we picked MEL BRITT up at a motorway service near his home near Battle Creek, and he came with us to the MOTOWN STUDIOS and he had a fantastic day....MEL BRITT is LEGEND on the NORTHERN SOUL scene hear in the U.K. with his brilliant recording of SHE,LL COME RUNNING BACK .......check out his song on you tube ....another taken away from us ...R.I.P. MEL BRITT

What a great song that is...it's hard to find a Northern soulie who doesn't love that song...and even though I never saw The Strange World of Northern Soul, I heard he gave a great impromptu performance of that song for the camera. RIP, Mel, and thank you...

Best,

Mark