[REMOVE ADS]

Excellent playlist for a very underrated writer and performer. Dang, I loved Willie's stuff,
    especially I Choose You which I consider his masterpiece. I'd just like to add this one,
    remembering my own today. Obviously Marvin Gaye influenced him a bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgWM9Xz2To

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Excellent playlist for a very underrated writer and performer. Dang, I loved Willie's stuff,
    especially I Choose You which I consider his masterpiece. I'd just like to add this one,
    remembering my own today. Obviously Marvin Gaye influenced him a bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgWM9Xz2To
    Willie wrote and produced some nice tunes for Marvin; the tracks were included on the expanded edition of "Let's Get It On."

Gonna create a thread on his work with other artists, before Motown, while at Motown, and after Motown, with some covers included as well. I'll see what's on You Tube.

Yea, no place, I have the expanded edition of Let's Get It On. I actually was thinking about
    how the sonic themes of Marvin's Trouble Man album figured into the music Willie composed
    for The Mack soundtrack. I also admired the things Willie wrote for The Fifth Dimension under his full name of Willie Hutchinson but start that thread. I'm sure I've missed a lot of his other work...