[REMOVE ADS]

The Paperboy -- film [[2012 US; 2013 UK)

The above film is about to hit cinemas in the UK and it features a 60's soul soundtrack.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2GMwWaDSr0

I know some of the tracks that are featured in the film ......
    4 Tops -- Still Waters
    Martha & V's -- 3rd Finger Left Hand
    LaBelle -- Take The Night Off
    Al Wilson -- Show & Tell
    Laura Lee -- Crumbs Off The Table
    Sidney Pinchback -- Soul Strokes [[Twinight)

Macy Gray stars in the film & there's also a female soul trio seen doing a club date as the plot unfolds, but what other music is featured & is there a soundtrack CD ? [[guess not as I don't think the film was too successful).
    I know Maria Carey wrote an original song for the film but its the 60's soul tracks that are featured that I'm interested in.

I never thought about the soundtrack per se, because I have most of the songs used in the movie. The movie is dark , adult themed and not for the squeamish. I enjoyed it, the producer Lee Daniels produced Monsters Ball and directed Precious. The way the music is used in the film is like slipping on a pair of old shoes.........the movie is not something you would expect but the characters played by actors [[ against type) who are familiar to us are very good.

Sounds interesting, I'd check it out.

S.S.

smark21 Guest
    The movie got some buzz before it was released last year because of a scene where Nicole Kidman pees on Zac Effron. Effron took the role as an attempt to move on from his Disney High School Musical image. But the movie ended up flopping at the box office and received mixed reviews. But it sounds like it has a decent soundtrack.

The movie got some buzz before it was released last year because of a scene where Nicole Kidman pees on Zac Effron.
    Trust me on this one, I like most of the actors in this film, but I have never seen them like this before. It was actually refreshing to see them piling their craft in this manner. Funny how "the media" can pick a scene out of a movie and say...well.....whatever....... this movie is a lot deeper than Nicole Kidman peeing on a dude, there is a scene in a lawyers office where an actor looks at a prominent black character and not a word is spoken, because in that moment all of his hatred and prejudice is crystallized in that one glance......like I said this movie has disturbing scenes that are absolutely necessary to convey the artistic vision of the piece. You won't realize what it is that you're watching until long after the final curtain. There are people like this in the world and like it or not, this movie is worth seeing. If I was in charge of the Academy, I would have given them an ensemble "Oscar" for their collective performances.

Thanks for the info.
    In the US it has already gone to DVD, so I suppose we can expect the same here [[DVD out in about 3 months time I guess).

Never heard of this movie before but will definitely check it out. I LOVE Lee Daniel's work. His "Shadow Boxer" is one of my favorite movies. Wasn't a big hit but great story and he definitely knows how to take actors out of their comfort zone.

Never heard of this movie before but will definitely check it out. I LOVE Lee Daniel's work. His "Shadow Boxer" is one of my favorite movies. Wasn't a big hit but great story and he definitely knows how to take actors out of their comfort zone.
    Exactly...........