[REMOVE ADS]

Can Kevyn Orr save Detroit?

Hey, Grape........

There are some interesting discussions about the issue across the hall at www.detroityes.com It can get a little rough over there, but the conversations about Kevin Orr and the role and expectations of the Emergency Financial Manager are really quite interesting.

Try this thread
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-to-Keep-Score

and this one
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...o-is-Kevyn-Orr

I don't envy him the job. I'm a small town city councilman, and we deal with a budget of about $1.5m with no debt. I can't fathom the idea of trying to figure out how to get Detroit out of a $300m annual hole, not to mention $18b in pension liabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
    NO! The people of Detroit METRO can save Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Hey, Grape........

There are some interesting discussions about the issue across the hall at www.detroityes.com It can get a little rough over there, but the conversations about Kevin Orr and the role and expectations of the Emergency Financial Manager are really quite interesting.

Try this thread
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-to-Keep-Score

and this one
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...o-is-Kevyn-Orr

I don't envy him the job. I'm a small town city councilman, and we deal with a budget of about $1.5m with no debt. I can't fathom the idea of trying to figure out how to get Detroit out of a $300m annual hole, not to mention $18b in pension liabilities.
    Thanks Doug. I am going to check them out.

Marv......
    .....I came to SDF many moons ago through DetroitYes, and although I've lived in Washington [[no, not D.C., the "other" Washington) for almost 40 years, I grew up in Detroit and still have an interest in the welfare of the city. Although one can rely on the newspapers for information... www.detnews.com ......for example, I find the conversation on www.detroityes.com to be informed and enlightened.

Just beware that there is a lot of sarcasm in some of the posts and it can get a little "rough".

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    Marv......
    .....I came to SDF many moons ago through DetroitYes, and although I've lived in Washington [[no, not D.C., the "other" Washington) for almost 40 years, I grew up in Detroit and still have an interest in the welfare of the city. Although one can rely on the newspapers for information... www.detnews.com ......for example, I find the conversation on www.detroityes.com to be informed and enlightened.

Just beware that there is a lot of sarcasm in some of the posts and it can get a little "rough".
    Doug, I totally understand. I am pretty much in the same position. I just joined and plan to participate at detroit yes!