[REMOVE ADS]

Invictus/Hot Wax single edits.

Since obtaining all of the Invictus and Hot Wax tracks on CD in their full versions, it's obvious how much they were edited for single release. Some of those edits are quite obvious, rough or basic, even. Amongst the tracks that this is most noticeable on are Band of Gold, While you're out looking for sugar, Somebody's been sleeping. I wonder why they were not done with more finesse.

I sincerely hope I don't upset anyone here who may have been involved with this, as I really love the material that these companies put out.

Keith - London

as an original BIG FAN of Invictus/Hot Wax who purchased the original 45's at the time. I had no idea these recordings were edited until purchased the LPS that had FULL versions or years later when got the CD's.

In the CD age, the majority of the single edits are MIA. I had to hunt for the original 45s and digitize them to get them.

The one thing that annoys me is that the true 45 mono mix of "Want Ads" is not on CD anywhere. Even that stereo edit you find on all CDs is wrong. Same with "Stick Up".