[REMOVE ADS]

Bobby Rogers RIP

Sad to say but Bobby Rogers has left us. Dam what an unforgettable series of deaths in such a short time. I came here to check and didn't see anything. I am speechless.......

Name:  bobby.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  9.0 KB

Nice photo............

Name:  Bobby #2.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  73.9 KB

There is a thread in the Motown threads, Paladin, but I think it's very appropriate on the main forum as well.

Such sad news. We're losing too many, too fast. Mr. Roger's legacy will live on through his music.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Mary he Rest In Peace...

~~Mary~~

M

My condo

I posted a Detroit News article on the thread in the Motown Forum, but the Free Press did a very good job reporting the story, too.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013030...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Thanks guys, I still have to get used to everything...... doesn't pay to stay away too long at my age I'll forget where the heck I was going...........I only checked the main page and the Clubhouse.......my bad....thanks Doug & Mary......

Don't worry about it. News like this [[all be it sad news) belongs here, too......

One of my favorite memories of Bobby Rogers was watching him and the gang perform "Mickey's Monkey". He was just great on all counts and I will miss him.

Here is a great interview Bobby did in Feb. 2010 in Detroit:

Thank you for the pics.

I know we're all only here for a season, I just wish the time didn't go so fast. RIP Mr. Rogers and thanks for the music.

Bobby

you were a great one.
    R.I.P.

edafan

I just had to share this one here. A little reminder of just how good Bobby and the Miracles were as a group :

RIP Bobby.. I always loved the "Monkey" dance from their TAMI show appearance - see, speak, hear no evil.. haha and scratch your pits? They were awesome.

My memory of Bobby Rogers is that he bought me a dinner at Ms. Pearl's house circa 1966 when he and the Miracles were appearing at the Uptown along with the Madlads. Ms. Pearl sold dinners at her home in back of the Uptown and Bobby treated me and my girlfriend. Colton has the picture to prove it. Rest in Peace Mr. Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    My memory of Bobby Rogers is that he bought me a dinner at Ms. Pearl's house circa 1966 when he and the Miracles were appearing at the Uptown along with the Madlads. Ms. Pearl sold dinners at her home in back of the Uptown and Bobby treated me and my girlfriend. Colton has the picture to prove it. Rest in Peace Mr. Rogers.
    Nosey! Ms. Pearls! I remember her. She fixed take out dinners across the street from the Uptown right? That is the woman Mary Wilson has been trying to remember in several of her recent inteviews in Philly. Thanks!

RIP Bobby.. I always loved the "Monkey" dance from their TAMI show appearance - see, speak, hear no evil.. haha and scratch your pits? They were awesome.
    Drew we would go see this show every time it played at the Regal Theatre, then at various other theaters on the Southside of Chicago....The Met, The Michigan and Capitol . It was always a good reason to go to the movies and Smokey and nem jammed they azz off......[[ the audience would go wild like they were at an actual performance.)Our boy Smokey didn't get stiff until later on in his career......

So sad we lost another music hero.
    Thanks for the music Bobby.
    "What's So Good About Goodbye"
    Condolences to Claudette and all the Rogers' Family.

S.S.

There are just no words.....Bobby's spirit touched so much of my life.

Don't Let It End, Until You Let It Begin my friend....

My prayers go out to the family.
    Bobby was one of the nicest guys that I meet in this business
    Whenever we worked with them,
    Him and I always talked and hung out.
    He will be missed.
    Ceasar
    The
    Original
    Tymes