[REMOVE ADS]

Turning a blind eye on Obamas Drones

Where is the outrage? Targeted assasination lists. The authorization to kill Americans without due process. The mono party stays alive and well and the American sheeple will be led to more wars for big money and Israel. I guess its more important to focus on a washed up guitarist from Michigan being at the State of the Union Address.

A very insightful article...

http://hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.c...obamas-drones/

The inevitable blowback from innocents dieng in drone warfare will be significant. Will anyone point the finger at Obama?

RossHolloway Guest
    MSNBC has given this quite a bit of coverage and people [[progressives) who are paying attention to this story aren't turning a blind eye to it. Questions about the expansion of the drone program have been asked by both democrats and republicans in congress and if I'm not mistaken this issue hasn't gone away. My gut feeling is that the President will only go into another war as a last result. He does not have the cowboy-go it alone attitude of the last president who led the country into two wars.

There is no outrage because most Americans approve of the drone strikes. And, as far as an American not getting his due process under the constitution is concerned, if you are an American citizen, you pretty much give up your Constitutional rights and renounce your citizenship when you decide to join a terrorist jihad against your own country.

On top of that, police in this country kill innocent, unarmed citizens every day, and get away with it. The police are part of the government, even if it is local. And, it's not like when Nixon ordered the National Guard to Ohio Kent State back in 1970 and they killed innocent, unarmed students.

You gotta stop watching so much Fox news.

I can't get over the ultimate hypocracy of those who call shoving a guys head underwater torture, but condone mass killings carried out by predator drone strikes. Waterboarding is childs play compared to eradicating someone without due process. That said...there have been three documented cases of waterboarding and three cases of targeting American citizens in drone strikes...and under the right circumstances I'm in favor of both. And what about the hundreds of those we send to other countries under a rendition program to REALLY torture enemies [[and I'm not talking about relative kid stuff like waterboarding which our own agents go through) to get information.. At least have the balls to do the torturing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    There is no outrage because most Americans approve of the drone strikes.
    And you know this how?

And, as far as an American not getting his due process under the constitution is concerned, if you are an American citizen, you pretty much give up your Constitutional rights and renounce your citizenship when you decide to join a terrorist jihad against your own country.
    Please cite where in the Constitution it says this. Is "pretty much" used as a legal term?

On top of that, police in this country kill innocent, unarmed citizens every day, and get away with it. The police are part of the government, even if it is local. And, it's not like when Nixon ordered the National Guard to Ohio Kent State back in 1970 and they killed innocent, unarmed students.
    Is there anything you won't justify? Has your love/lust of Obama led you to a response like this? You sound a lot like a Bush Neo-Con.

You gotta stop watching so much Fox news.
    Is this the best you can come up with? I haven't watched Fox, CNN or MSNBC news in years. I am well aware of where their "reporting" comes from. Perhaps you should try to open your eyes a little bit more. Once you get over your right/left wing hangups and see what is truly going on maybe you'll see what is truly going on in this country. In your eyes, Obama is without sin but what you fail to acknoledge is that Obama is furthering and enabling the evil and wicked policies of G.W. Bush. Oh let me guess. Its ok because he is half black!

Even Van Jones agrees.

Editor's note: Van Jones, a CNN contributor, is president and founder of Rebuild the Dream, an online platform focusing on policy, economics and media. He was President Obama's green jobs adviser in 2009. He is also founder of Green for All, a national organization working to build a green economy.

[[CNN) -- Yes, I said it, and I will say it again: On Wednesday night, Sen. Rand Paul was a hero for civil liberties.

I love and respect President Obama, and I was honored to work for the Obama White House. That said, the executive branch of the United States government today has an extraordinary level of power. Progressives like Rep. Keith Ellison and conservatives like Paul can all agree it has a disturbing license to wage a never-ending, ill-defined, even un-defined "war on terror," including the use of drones.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/08/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c1

Americans need to wake up to how serious of an issue this is. How is this administration "progressing" by furthering GW Bush policies? What happens if/when a GOP candidate gets elected in 2016? Where will your cival liberites be? I mean, Obama ok'ed targeted assasinations, so it must be ok, right?

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fresh View Post
    And you know this how?
    By not watching Faux news! But, seriously, according to recent polls, most Americans support the drone strikes. No other reasons were really given except that most are content with them if they help keep our country safe from attacks by Al-Quieda.

I do have concerns about not giving a U.S. citizen his due process under the Constitution, but, again, if a citizen joins an enemy force and acts against own country, he pretty much has renounced his citizenship. Eric Holder just said that the president was probably not correct, but this is an area of this war on terror that needs to be dealt with more closely. Bush Jr. was criticized for things he did, so it is fair that Obama be held to the same standards. Too bad political partisanship is playing a role in the criticism of Pres. Obama, though.

Please cite where in the Constitution it says this. Is "pretty much" used as a legal term?
    I just gave you what you wanted. You asked where I got my statement from, and I told you: according to the polls, most Americans are cool with the drone strikes, and it isn't because of any obsessive love on Pres. Obama. Next, you're probably gonna try to tell me that this love and adulation is because he's the anti-christ, or something. Tin-foil hats, please!

In fact, I think the very reason the majority of Americans at this point aren't too concerned is because they know who and why this issue is being brought to our attention. It is also true that many in other parts of the world are quite angry about these strikes killing innocent bystanders. But, right now, most are giving Obama the benefit of the doubt because the strikes are working.

Is there anything you won't justify? Has your love/lust of Obama led you to a response like this? You sound a lot like a Bush Neo-Con.
    Believe it or not, those who love a president tend to be even more critical of him. I was a huge fan of Pres. Bill Clinton, but I have as many issues with his lying about "that woman...Miss. Lewinski...", as I did with Richard Nixon and his Watergate coverup.

[QUOTE]
    Is this the best you can come up with? I haven't watched Fox, CNN or MSNBC news in years. I am well aware of where their "reporting" comes from.
    Where?

Perhaps you should try to open your eyes a little bit more. Once you get over your right/left wing hangups and see what is truly going on maybe you'll see what is truly going on in this country. In your eyes, Obama is without sin but what you fail to acknoledge is that Obama is furthering and enabling the evil and wicked policies of G.W. Bush. Oh let me guess. Its ok because he is half black!
    Hmmm..could you be having this big problem with Obama because he's allegedly targeting...Islamic terrorists?
    Last edited by soulster; 03-08-2013 at 07:15 PM.